Last Film You Watched? V

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Fantastic movie. A great epic.

BRICK

A really cool debut for Rian Johnson. I really respect how he made this with such a low budget.

B+

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:BRICK

A really cool debut for Rian Johnson. I really respect how he made this with such a low budget.

B+
By far his best film. Out of only the three he has made. lol

Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes
Just saw it for the first time, and I gotta say I really liked it. The ending especially made me really pumped for the sequel. (8 / 10)

Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes
Aaand I really liked the sequel as well.. I was very close to giving this movie a 9 out 10 but aside Caesar, other characters could have been lot better, and there were couple of iffy moments that took me just a little bit out of the movie. But for the most part, this is a very solid movie (8 / 10)

I just re watched The Place Beyond the Pines and Mud. Both are true American classics.

8/10

8/10

4/5

Excellent spy thriller with a great performance by PS Hoffman. Haven't felt such suspense in a while. Loved it.

4.5/5

The trailer for Fury Road got me in the mood to revisit this, as I'm sure I'll be doing many times until next May. Can't wait.

ROAD TO PERDITION – (9 / 10)

King Kong (2005)
It was good once we met Kong. Also, I really wish every shot of Naomi Watts staring into space with some tearing eyes would be removed. It'd probably remove like 10 mins off the running time. Serkis is fantastic (in both roles), but I can't really see him here as much as I'm able to in LOTR/Apes.