Last Film You Watched? V

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:Affleck was the standout for me, he was perfectly cast here. Pitt is great as well, my second favorite performance from him.
I think all three of the actors I mentioned were perfectly cast.

9/No Regrets ❯❯ A-

TeddyBlass wrote:Image

9/No Regrets ❯❯ A-
Fixed.
Can't hotlink from imdb dood.

What a thriller. I went to the theater mainly because of the overwhelming reviews here on this forum, and I must say they weren't misleading. I was drawn into the story from the first shot on. Luckily I managed to stay out of spoilers to the point that I didn't know anything about the contend besides it being about child abduction. Although the theme has been shown and used many times before, and though Prisoners doesn't take any risks storywise, it succeeded in being thrilling, intense and unpredictable throughout its two and a half hours. I really liked that some scenes
(like the liberation of Alex and the final scene)
were simply left out. Everybody knew what happend in them anyway, so why show them? Thus, pacing was fast and more time could be spent on character development.

9/10

After the Wedding (2006)

7.8/10

:blank:

Critics weren't wrong about this one; 2 hours of truly nonsensical garble. What a serious let down after all the anticipation.

Dream-Xtractor wrote:Image

Critics weren't wrong about this one; 2 hours of truly nonsensical garble. What a serious let down after all the anticipation.
Wow, I'm sorry dude.

How were the performances?

theseeker9175 wrote:
Dream-Xtractor wrote:Image

Wow, I'm sorry dude.

How were the performances?
Diaz and Pitt were probably the standouts. But tbh I didn't care enough about anything the film had to offer after about an hour of drawn out, meaningless cryptic shite being spewed by everyone.

Ugh.....such a shame.

The Hobbit 8/10

Not much of a LOTR fan but after watching The Hobbit I think I might go back and give that series another go. Anyway, The Hobbit, I enjoyed it… a lot. The only thing I took issue with was the pacing, some scenes unnecessarily dragged while others felt longer than needed but overall everything was amazingly put; from the score to the brilliant performances. I really liked it, the movie was very fun to watch.

I now have more enthusiasm to see the next installment in cinema than I did a day ago. So that's a plus, I guess.

Pacific Rim 6/10

Too fucking corny for me.

Forum Pro
Law
The Conjuring

Really enjoyed this, I've never been a fan of horror but this movie was something else. It had really great character development and the acting was very well done. It's hard to pull off a sense of fright without there being anything to be afraid of but Vera Farmiga, Patrick Wilson, Lili Taylor and all the daughters really sold it. The scares were there, I watched it alone in my basement and had to do a couple checks to see if any demons were in the area. The cinematography and direction were another plus, I love movies that jump right into it instead of having an opening credits. The music was really tense but I like how they added a few well known songs to ease the tension for a little while. Spoilers ahead about the ending so if you haven't seen it stop reading.. All in all this was a great film but the ending was so weak, all this fright and horror throughout only to have the typical Hollywood fairytale ending. It doesn't take away from the greatness of the film as a whole but I really wish it would have ended immediately after the exorcism. It would have been great to see the mothers bruises and facial scars go away as she looked up into the light and boom, ending. Nonetheless, great film and I don't plan on sleeping tonight.