General Television Thread

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Has anyone checked this out yet. It's actually not bad. The chemistry between Riggs and Murtaugh here is excellent.

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:thinking that people percieveing young people as idiots is unique to this generation is a fallacy

i dunno if thats what your point was but ive been meaning to get that off my chest
Agreed.

I just think Girls is sort of ... whiny and entitled, which ironically fits in with how this generation is viewed by oldies.

Yo DD. I was just about to update my fall post (3 weeks in):
the_red_ninja wrote:The FAll season is looking jam packed, so it is still quite overwhelming yo. So far I've seen:
Cute and funny. Great to have Bell and Hanson on screen again. And I'm curious to see where they go with it. UPDATE: still watching :) :thumbup:

because it fits in nicely with the Thursday's Shonda Rhimes lineup. Not sure if I'll stick with it though. smells of one season only. UPDATE: Yeah, I will stick with the real Shonda Rhimes yo :thumbdown:

All in yo. because sports. UPDATE: Awesome :twothumbsup: . The sports genre needs to make a comeback yo.

Still to check out:
This Is Us

UPDATE: This is my favourite :twothumbsup: . Family Drama at its best yo. I never saw the twist at the end of the pilot coming and it was beautiful. Stunning cast too yo.

Lethal Weapon

UPDATE: Love this :thumbup: . As DD said, great chemistry and the action is fun as hell yo. If you like this you'll also like Rush Hour.

MacGyver
UPDATE: Do not watch this. They went the same route as KnightRider. Crap. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Conviction

UPDATE: Like it a lot :thumbup: . It's like Cold Case, Law&Order, and How to Make a Murderer all-in-one yo. Plus I wanna be Hayley Atwell when I grow up <3

and of course Westworld :twothumbsup: You're a fool if you're not watching this yo.

Holly Hunter set as lead in Alan Ball's new HBO drama (ordered straight-to-series).
The yet-untitled series is described as a tragicomic meditation on the complicated forces at work on us all in America today. It focuses on a contemporary multi-racial family. Philosophy professor Greg Bishop and his lawyer wife Audrey Black (Hunter) are socially conscious idealists who decided to build a family by adopting children from Vietnam, Somali and Colombia before having their own child in their 40s. This seemingly perfect, progressive family is in actuality harboring deep rifts. Then, one of the children begins to see things others cannot. Is it mental illness? Or something else?

Once a therapist in private practice, Hunter’s Audrey now reluctantly utilizes her skills as a psychologist in the corporate world, balancing her more progressive personal philosophy with the need to make money. She is a smart, caring woman who believes she knows what’s best for everyone and has no problem telling them. But with her husband now fighting depression and her children mostly grown, she finds herself somewhat adrift.

judd has yet to dissapoint

The Andy Griffith Show, which ceased production 49 years ago, was the 60th most-watched show of 2016 with 36.9 billion minutes of viewing.

truly the Mason of television

I hope y'all are not sleeping on Mozart in the Jungle
I wouldn't be surprised if it wins all the awards again.

So it seems that both Pitch and Conviction are "cancelled". :thumbdown: :thumbdown: So sad that popular female-lead series are not a priority to networks.

On the otherside Lethal Weapon is doing well :thumbup: , The Good Place is heading for second season :thumbup: , and This Is Us is the best drama on television at the moment :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: .

the_red_ninja wrote:So it seems that both Pitch and Conviction are "cancelled". :thumbdown: :thumbdown: So sad that popular female-lead series are not a priority to networks.

On the otherside Lethal Weapon is doing well :thumbup: , The Good Place is heading for second season :thumbup: , and This Is Us is the best drama on television at the moment :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: .
Excited for Lethal Weapon. It's been great so far.