PBS' Sesame Street

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
One of the best kid shows ever.

Discuss.

Bert-stare is the best stare.

I'm totally serious here.

Bacon wrote:I'm totally serious here.
Well, to get back on topic. I actually never really watched Sesame Street as a kid. I was more of a Barney fan when I was really little.

It's pretty amazing that the show began in 1969 and is still on the air even to this day. I feel so odd for being one of the few kids who never really watched it lol.

Watch those videos, and you'd see why people love it so much. It was creative, original, and it wasn't afraid to handle some serious subjects such as death and natural disasters and they handled it perfectly. It's sorta gotten worse over the years to be honest though. My little brother occasionally watches it, and I'm sorta disappointed by what I see.

Bacon wrote:Watch those videos, and you'd see why people love it so much. It was creative, original, and it wasn't afraid to handle some serious subjects such as death and natural disasters and they handled it perfectly. It's sorta gotten worse over the years to be honest though. My little brother occasionally watches it, and I'm sorta disappointed by what I see.
Hmm, I never knew they handled serious issues like that. Has there ever been any controversy because of it?

It wasn't common, but sometimes a character would die (as in the first video) and they'd have to explain it. It wasn't their normal thing to do, but they weren't afraid to do it. I'm not sure if it caused controversy. They talked about the 9/11 attacks as well as Hurricane Katrina.

Ironically making Sesame Street one of the most ballsy shows in the history of television.

Also, the way they do public appearances is awesome. For stuff like when they promote the Muppet movie, they have the characters go up and act like they're actors. AND EVERYONE GOES ALONG WITH IT. It's amazing.

Also these: