Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Bacon wrote:
This guy makes some good points.
Yeah... And yet he shamelessly says his movie does it better. The guy is smart, but he should control his Ego a bit more.

Shameless egomaniacs can make great directors. As long as I don't have to work for them, who cares?

Joeyjojo72 wrote:Shameless egomaniacs can make great directors. As long as I don't have to work for them, who cares?
Yes but this is no Tarantino who actually has feats to back-up his words. Chronicle is not exactly a masterpiece and certainly not much more well-thought than Man of Steel for him to spell it aloud.
Last edited by didich on June 27th, 2013, 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

People with oversized egos are the worst kind of people. IMO

He mentions Chronicle cause there are a whole lot of people on his YouTube page who would say "your movie had destruction and fire and stuff in it". He was defending it more than saying that his was way better. He does have a huge ego, but that can take you places, and he's good at what he does and he honestly enjoys it.

didich wrote:
Joeyjojo72 wrote:Shameless egomaniacs can make great directors. As long as I don't have to work for them, who cares?
Yes but this is no Tarantino who actually has feats to back-up his words. Chronicle is not exactly a masterpiece and certainly not much more well-thought than Man of Steel for him to spell it aloud.

Bacon wrote:

This chick rebuts pretty much everything that douche said.

This chick rebuts pretty much everything that douche said.[/quote]

Just as this guy here...

Bacon wrote:
While I agree that MoS got a lot of things wrong, even some of the basic ideas of who Superman is/should be, I feel like I knew a thousand guys like this dude in college, and I wanted to hang out with none of them.

Bacon wrote:He mentions Chronicle cause there are a whole lot of people on his YouTube page who would say "your movie had destruction and fire and stuff in it". He was defending it more than saying that his was way better. He does have a huge ego, but that can take you places, and he's good at what he does and he honestly enjoys it.
Good at what he does. :lol: :roll: He's done 1 thing semi-good and he didn't even direct that semi-good. This guy has done next to nothing so far. He's got a long way to go before trying to dissect and shred someone else's work.