Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Joeyjojo72 wrote:You got me there! :clap:
I do agree that Hardy wouldn't be a good fit for Lex, he just doesn't have that business/politics feel that Lex should have for the next movie.

yogamble wrote:I saw this for a second time last Wednesday and I really enjoyed it. I got a little teary eyed more than a couple times. All around cool movie. Fuck RT and the critics. My only complaint this time around is how Lois manages to get herself into every important critical scene. Seemed a bit lame and over kill. The kiss made me cringe a little to. Sorry to all you AA fans but there was just a little to much of her for my tastes. Still a great flick.

Side note:
Someone uploaded Ironman 3 on youtube over the weekend and I was able to watch the whole thing for the first time. IMO, Man of Steel was a much better film. It's been taken down now off youtube in case your wondering. Not saying I didn't like IM3. Saying I like MOS much more. :gonf:
LOL @ the YouTube part, like it was necessary to point that.

Some concept art for Zod's armor:

Finally Watched this Film!! So here is my little overdue review on it.

I can say quite comfortably that this film isn't the film I expected it to be.

It has all of the pieces of the puzzle, all the ideas but its execution is terrible. It takes all these ideas and makes the banal.

The Cinematographer and Snyder's eye are all over the shop, the cameras unnecessary extreme movement makes the film look very sloppy. There is no purpose with the shaky-cam. Its shaky for the sake of being shaky.

Goyer's writing skills are far from impressive. The film has a story that needed to be fully developed, in this case, Goyer doesn't develop it at all. He comes with a very very weak script, that doesn't do anything with the emotional notes that it has. which don't help the actors one bit, who are all extremely talented and elevate the writing to a level above making it less embarrassing.

I wanted more from General ZOD!!!! Shannon does great things with what he is given, and he isn't given much.
Crowe and Shannon on screen together were great.

Hans Zimmers Score is great, but at times the theme is overused.

Its a film that is underwhelming, I'd give it a 6.0/10. It has it moments, but it falls at the crucial moments. however, its probably the best version of Superman on screen.

ps: Antje Traue is so sexy in this... I reckon she would make a great Bond Girl.

Hopefully the 3D transfer is better on this blu-ray.

I hated the zoom-in shots. They look so ugly and amateurish.

Caekzor wrote:I hated the zoom-in shots. They look so ugly and amateurish.
With the kind of experience and visual flavour that WETA brought in, double zooming-in something that has been so gorgeously built could hardly be described as ''ugly'' and ''amateurish''; sure it could annoy you but that's a different kind of ball.

the double zoom ins had an idea/purpose and they weren't overdone i think, at least not the way the handheld was in dialogue scenes

the zoom ins obviously aim at enhancing the sense of increasing speed while at the same time using a humanly-documentary/reportage perspective and form

the result is hyper-realistic (don't confuse that with realistic) presentation of sensational/cosmic events, the way mortals from the information/digital age would imagine seeing them through an hdvcam lens (those usually have something like 12x-20x digital zoom which is useless, but with those small sensors the zoom factor gets pretty crazy, even if the result is pixelized like hell... in the end it's useless unless 9 11 or superman happens, which is exactly the point of the perspective here)

prince0gotham wrote:the double zoom ins had an idea/purpose and they weren't overdone i think, at least not the way the handheld was in dialogue scenes

the zoom ins obviously aim at enhancing the sense of increasing speed while at the same time using a humanly-documentary/reportage perspective and form

the result is hyper-realistic (don't confuse that with realistic) presentation of sensational/cosmic events, the way mortals from the information/digital age would imagine seeing them through an hdvcam lens (those usually have something like 12x-20x digital zoom which is useless, but with those small sensors the zoom factor gets pretty crazy, even if the result is pixelized like hell... in the end it's useless unless 9 11 or superman happens, which is exactly the point of the perspective here)
I agree but did you see it in 3D or 2D? Because my initial reaction was the opposite, I thought how crystal clear it looked, maybe 3D effect ruined/smudged it in a way.

After seeing Pacific Rim, I kind of want Del Toro to be the guide and director for future DC movies. That guys visual effects were outstanding . He could be a perfect director for MOS 2. He created perfect battle scenes without the shaky camera work which was a little annoying in MOS.