Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Difficult to say. Both show the strengths of Superman as an ideal. On one hand I've always been more comfortable with the idea of choice instead of fate (Costner), on the other I love the idea of being not just a saviour but a paragon, someone to inspire the people (Crowe).

I suppose I'd have to go for Crowe but only because of his voice.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

I would love it to reach a billion or more, it might make 800 million the least.

Russel crowe trailer, because i like what he says more than the other trailer and his voice is awesome.

ryan4butler wrote:
Red Hood wrote:
At least it won't be a bomb like The Oogieloves.
:lol: It has tons of stuff going for it (MoS not Oogieloves). And everybody loves Superman.
Yeah but when you say everyone loves him, it's because Superman is essentially the most basic superhero of all time. Even his name is basic; "SUPERman". Also everyone kinda knows the story and the origin hasn't really been interpreted in different ways as it has with other superheroes.

The only thing different about MoS could be the fact that Nolan and Goyer have written Superman knowing that he is boring and uninteresting. If they give him a more powerful and intriguing theme the it will be received well.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Watching the MoS Comic-con trailer again, I noticed something. Clark is in the barn and pulls a large sheet off of something looking like a machine. Costner says something to the extent of "Its not from this world and neither are you."
Is this thing the capsul that Kal-el arrived to earth in or something different?
Brave New World

jibran wrote:Using my Bat-detective skills, I see that Goyer and Nolan have input in the story. With Goyer's presence, we will see elements drawn from existing Superman comic arcs.
Start digging folks.
I got Superman: Secret Origin from Barnes and Noble a month ago. It seems a lot like MoS, except for the Legionnaires, the Parasite, and Metallo.

Cilogy wrote:
ryan4butler wrote: :lol: It has tons of stuff going for it (MoS not Oogieloves). And everybody loves Superman.
Yeah but when you say everyone loves him, it's because Superman is essentially the most basic superhero of all time. Even his name is basic; "SUPERman". Also everyone kinda knows the story and the origin hasn't really been interpreted in different ways as it has with other superheroes.

The only thing different about MoS could be the fact that Nolan and Goyer have written Superman knowing that he is boring and uninteresting. If they give him a more powerful and intriguing theme the it will be received well.
Yes. Superman is not the deepestcharacter ever created but he does have some things that make him a universally loved character. He transends the ideals of an imagrant coming to America and making something of himself. And hes a tragic hero because, first; hes an orphan from another planet and second; he can never live a normal life. I love Batman way more, but Superman is very deep. It has to be sad knowing that as Superman, you can never move on, love someone or have a normal life. Bruce was able to move on because he was a human and had a backup plan (John Blake). Kal-el or Superman is the only one of his kind (besides Zod), given a duty to protect the planet from harm.
Im sure Nlan, Goyer and Snyder will bring some new things to the character or touch on some old ones.
Brave New World

Just seen the Russell Crowe one. Excellent. Looks like he is a great choice for Zor-El. Matter of fact, the cast is filled with great choices. And by looking at the names listed in the credits, it's hard to imagine that this movie could fail.
DoubleD wrote:I prefer this one.

Yeah, I prefer this one too. Personally, I think it's impossible to create better Superman music than this.

dadosaboya wrote:Just seen the Russell Crowe one. Excellent. Looks like he is a great choice for Zor-El. Matter of fact, the cast is filled with great choices. And by looking at the names listed in the credits, it's hard to imagine that this movie could fail.
DoubleD wrote:I prefer this one.

Yeah, I prefer this one too. Personally, I think it's impossible to create better Superman music than this.
Its Jor-el :lol: Clarks real name is Kal-el. And you just saw the Crowe one? How?
Brave New World

What does "They will join you in the sun." mean. :problem:
Brave New World