Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Is it me or does the batsuit look too bulky?

MuzzleSuarez wrote:
shauner111 wrote:I do think Affleck will be the greatest version though. But even that extreme Miller style is not everyones cup of tea. Bale and Nolan were at least able to give the true essence of the character, which has more to do with his love for people and his city. His Batman had heart. Frank Miller/Ben Affleck version is a lot colder, take no prisoners, older, grumpier..so he will have to perform for that version. Being Batman is more than just the voice.
Of course Affleck will be better than Bale (though the jury is out on whether he'll be better than Keaton). But the tragic thing with Christian Bale is that he had Oscar calibre scripts to work with and he still was a crappy Batman. Even some die hard fans of Nolan have muted praise for Bale. He ballsed it up. And I don't want to sound like I'm hating on Bale because I think he's a pretty solid actor for the most part. But man did he balls up Batman. Sure Batman is more than just the voice but if you make him sound like a retard and make him mockeable, that kills the character stone dead. People bitched about the voice when TDK came out yet Bale still did the stupid voice again for Rises.

I wish Nolan said to him 'Hey Christian, just tone that fking voice done alright?'. The only reason he didn't I guess is because of Bale's notorious temper :lol:
You sound like a know it all. It was Nolans choice to keep the voice and he added effects in post production.

I dont care if im in the minority, i loved Bale's Batman. It's just not the greatest version and im fine with that. There's many different interpretations. For millions of people, he's still their Batman so maybe im not in the minority after all. I thought Bale had a wonderful range. You can mock a voice and still love it.

Honestly? I'm not impressed.

LelekPL wrote:Bale was an amazing Batman for that movie. That's my opinion. Bale's performance ranged immensely depending on what aspect of the character he played and he sold me completely on the emotional core of the character. He was the most HUMAN version of the character and I am a longtime comic book reader but I have never connected with Bruce like I have in TDK trilogy and that has a lot to do with Bale's performance. Yet, whenever the action started, Nolan made sure he had those badass moments as well.

Basically your argument comes down to the voice. And that's fair, that's your opinion on it but firstly, I actually never had a problem with it. Sure, some people mocked it. But a lot of people loved it, they copy it all the time, it became a classic Batman voice. When people say "let me use my Batman voice" they now think of Bale's growl. Just like the do with Bane's. I love that growl, it made him more animalistic and I'm glad he didn't change it. Secondly, a voice is not the only thing that went into that performance. He was so much more as both Bruce Wayne and Batman.
Well said, mate. I completely agree with you. :clap:

But what does it mean!?

WHOA.

And it seems legit:
Last edited by SilverHeart on April 18th, 2015, 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So I guess that means
Either they replaced Jason with Grayson or they're both dead.

Last page.

In regards to Robin.
Isn't Jena Malone rumored to be playing her?

Allstar wrote:In regards to Robin.
Isn't Jena Malone rumored to be playing her?
She's rumored to be playing
Carrie Kelly or Barbara Gordon.