Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
natalie wrote:
Christopher Nolan no longer listed as an exec-producer on 'Superman Vs. Batman.' Looks like he won't be involved at all any longer....
:shock: :clap:
Posted on page 160:
Monicabbm wrote:Ray Subers ‏@raysubers 1h
Just received word from WB that the Nolans are still executive producing Zack Snyder's BATMAN/SUPERMAN. So we can all sleep easy tonight.

:cry:

I thought the rumor of Nolan being out was already denied, that he was still in?

Also, they must have seen something really good to cast Affleck, so people should calm down a little bit lol

4N Legend wrote:I thought the rumor of Nolan being out was already denied, that he was still in?
Is a guy from box-office mojo really 100% legit though?

I find it odd that an official press release would just forget to mention the Nolan's + Syncopy's involvement.

Needless to say, I hope he's not involved.

Why is that people wish that Nolan isn't involved in this?
Is it because it'll like.. smudge his track record because it'll "be bad"?

Never understood the logic, he would only help the film :?

So anyone who's got the skills to draw the Cavill/Superman and the Affleck/Batman in this? With the creative freedom of the Batsuit of course :P

Insomniac wrote:
4N Legend wrote:I thought the rumor of Nolan being out was already denied, that he was still in?
Is a guy from box-office mojo really 100% legit though?

I find it odd that an official press release would just forget to mention the Nolan's + Syncopy's involvement.

Needless to say, I hope he's not involved.
The guy from Box Office Mojo said it's odd that the name of Nolan not being in the press release.
I think he is not sure if Nolan is still PE of MoS2.

Guys, this is not Nolan's anymore. Not even the idea. Look at the press release:
The new Super Hero film is being scripted by David S. Goyer from a story he co-created with Zack Snyder. Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan and Wesley Coller serving as executive producers. Production is expected to begin in 2014.
I don't have any problem with Affleck. All my issues are with Goyer/Snyder. And YES, I prefer that Chris not been involved in SHM anymore.

4N Legend wrote:Why is that people wish that Nolan isn't involved in this?
Yes.

And because if he's executive producing this... he's probably also involved with Justice League, and future Batmans, and God knows what.

Just imagine "From the creator of The Dark Knight Trilogy" on every single DC movie Warner puts out from now on. Nolan's name reduced to a fucking advertising gimmick.

Nolan really should escape the evil clutches of evil Warner Bros. and equally evil DC comics.

Insomniac wrote:
4N Legend wrote:Why is that people wish that Nolan isn't involved in this?
Yes.

And because if he's executive producing this... he's probably also involved with Justice League, and future Batmans, and God knows what.

Just imagine "From the creator of The Dark Knight Trilogy" on every single DC movie Warner puts out from now on. Nolan's name reduced to a fucking advertising gimmick.

Nolan really should escape the evil clutches of evil Warner Bros. and equally evil DC comics.
:twothumbsup:

Only reason I see it being acceptable for WF is because he is accustomed to Batman, so some insight from him would be useful. But you do make make a good point saying that he would be involved in other DC films at this rate. I don't think they'd put him in on the Flash film though, that's a bit out of the ordinary, but JL probably..