Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Jax_Teller wrote:Seeing how often Smith mentions him in his podcasts or on Twitter, it seems they're still very much close.

About Affleck, I'm done trying to convince anyone that he's actually an excellent actor, but come on, he is rock solid in The Town, Argo (yes, Argo), or The Company Men (for his most recent movies). Dude always had it in him and it seems turning to direction has made him evolve greatly.
He's okay. He functions, but hasn't really had any memorable performances. And I love Argo.
Insomniac wrote:I kind of feel sorry for Ben Affleck.

His career was *this* close to over ten years ago but he managed to steer it back on track, started directing his own movies etc.

Now he's about to jeopardize that by starring in potentially one of the worst movies of all time?

Sad.
Seriously? I'm not saying this is going to be an Oscar worthy film but to say it would be that bad is just pure cynicism.

The amount of haters today... Why not generate all that energy into positivity, instead of being constantly bitter?

I just got home from work and i just find out about Ben Affleck being the new Batman!
Wow, what the hell? I never saw that coming, to be honest.

Since i was 5 years old, i've always been a huge Batman fan and when the genius Chris Nolan created the perfect Batman films, i even became a bigger fan of the Character, so i really don't know how i feel about this, i've have mixed feelings, to be honest.

Look Ben Affleck has become a much better actor over the past years and he's an fantastic director, but i don't know, i don't really see him as Batman. My top choice was Ryan Gosling, but like i said before, i really don't know how i feel about this decision.

I see a lot of negative comments on various sites and a lot of people are angry with this decision, but i remember when people said the same thing about Heath and look how that turned out, he not only became the best Joker ever, he became one of the best villian in Cinema history, in my opinion. So maybe Ben can proof us wrong.
Look Christian Bale will always be the ultimate Batman for me, he was just absolutely perfect, but i'm just gonna wait and see what kind of direction Ben take with this Character, if he bring his A game, maybe he'll be a good Batman/Bruce after all.

We'll just wait and see!

m4st4 wrote:Image
The amount of haters today... Why not generate all that energy into positivity, instead of being constantly bitter?
Personally, I don't mean to come across as bitter. I want to voice my concerns but at the same time I acknowledge that these choices can work out for the better. Hell, I've seen more unlikely actors than Affleck give terrific performances.

Affleck lost one of his biggest champions at Warner Bros. when Robinov ankled the studio in June (the actor released a lengthy statement at the time), and a hit with “Batman” could help Affleck solidify his relationship with the new regime of top dog Kevin Tsujihara, Sue Kroll and Greg Silverman. “I don’t know what I would do if Jeff weren’t there,” the actor said at the time.
http://variety.com/2013/film/news/fans- ... 200587228/

That's a healthy comment "Wait & see", just wish other people were more lenient & willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, Variety already has an article up about how the buzz on Twitter is super negative, just crazy, the dude built himself one hell of a reputation with GBG, The Town & Argo and it's like he's back square one, but Twitter can be a place full of teenager morons, so that's not really important.

I hope Affleck proves all the doubters wrong, he deserves that much.

m4st4 wrote:Image
If the news was good then it'd probably be better received.

Remember craignotbond.com? Couple of broken ribs, teeth and god knows what else later? I'm thinking of bulking up, as of today. Some serious physical and mental training. Work on that Bat-voice, Ben, make it your own. Build up on that intensity, anyone can do it, if threatened enough, so act like you're threatened, and reeeally angry. If production starts early 2014, he can be just the right kind of guy for the role.

It depends on which side you're on, but news like this just show you how stupid the Internet can be (as an entity of course) at times, when you read shit like that:

Willem Van Helter SHIREBURY, UNITED KINGDOM 2 minutes ago Like 0
I want the portrayal of Batman to be true to the comics. Ben Affleck is about as sinister as a kitten

chris wicklund HOUSTON, TX 2 minutes ago Like 0
this guy's a flaming liberal. batman is not a flaming liberal.

kenson noel BROOKLYN, NY 5 minutes ago Like 0
Because I like comic book movies and this will destroy the entire industry.

It makes me want to punch every single one of those guys in the face. But hell, Affleck is probably like this right now:

By the way, read on Yahoo OMG :D that Affleck is already bulking up for the role, training 2 hours a day (since he's got a good base, dont think he needs to train that much).
Last edited by Jax_Teller on August 23rd, 2013, 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm always rooting for the underdog, so to metaphorical hell with haters.

Batffleck rises. :batman: