Macbeth (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I'm excited—this is playing at CIFF.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:I'm excited—this is playing at CIFF.

-Vader
What else is playing there that you are seeing?

Allstar wrote:
Vader182 wrote:I'm excited—this is playing at CIFF.

-Vader
What else is playing there that you are seeing?
Amusingly enough given our discussion earlier today, Carol. CIFF's lacking for options this year really. The only other really notable movies are Brooklyn, Dheepan (won the top prize at Cannes), and The Assassin (won best director at Cannes). But I'm seeing The Assassin early at the Music Box anyway. Yawn.

2012 we had Flight and Cloud Atlas amongst others, 2013 we had Inside Llewyn Davis, Blue is the Warmest Color and 12 Years a Slave, and last year we were stacked out with It Follows, The Babadook, Winter Sleep, The Look of Silence, The Imitation Game, Clouds of Sils Maria, and Birdman. And most likely others I'm forgetting.

I don't know if there's just a shitty selection of films in general right now or if we just got the short end of that stick. Probably a bit of both.

-Vader

Saw this today.
The editing is just brilliant. That Duncan death scene and Macbeth/Macduff fight paired up with that score >>>>>>
All the performances were great.. Marion Cotillard, Sean Harris and Elizabeth Debicki especially :thumbup:

Frank-Jon wrote:Saw this today.
The editing is just brilliant. That Duncan death scene and Macbeth/Macduff fight paired up with that score >>>>>>
All the performances were great.. Marion Cotillard, Sean Harris and Elizabeth Debicki especially :thumbup:
Care to rate?£

Master Virgo wrote:Care to rate?£
I'll give it a 9/10 8-)

But Fass? :shock:

Asanty wrote:
But Fass? :shock:
Asanty did say all the performances were great. So... yeah.

Asanty wrote:But Fass? :shock:
He was incredible (especially in the banquet scene) but his accent slipped and took me out of the film.

I swear to Christ, every single fucking movie he does, I hear people complaining about his accent. Who gives a shit! He's an amazing fucking actor.