Chappie (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I hope Blomkamp isn't the new Shyamalan lol

PowerDump wrote:I hope Blomkamp isn't the new Shyamalan lol
Shaymalan has something like 7/8 critical failures/ major b.o. flops in a row, he is in a league of his own and Blomkamp or anybody else really shouldn't be compared with him

"Chappie like. Chappie is one-of-kind, better than others think. Chappie slap RoboCop in face. Chappie think @NeillBlomkamp is genius maker." - Alex Billington

Get your tickets now before they sell out!!1!

He genius maker

ComptonTerry wrote:
PowerDump wrote:I hope Blomkamp isn't the new Shyamalan lol
Shaymalan has something like 7/8 critical failures/ major b.o. flops in a row, he is in a league of his own and Blomkamp or anybody else really shouldn't be compared with him
Haha I know, there would be no way to tell for at least some years down the line but having a director that had a science fiction BP nominated film to a film that is below a 20% (right now) just two films later is crazy to think about.

Yeah true. It's unfortunate, he showed a lot of potential. Jackson's producing of D9 must have had more importance than we thought. Nevertheless I do think he can pull off an Aien film. I think it would be good for him to finally get away from the South African environment and move to a different setting. He needs a new setting and some new world building. Also, perhaps most importantly stay away from the script.

I still don't get the comparison to M. Night since Night had several good movies before his disasters.

Allstar wrote:I still don't get the comparison to M. Night since Night had several good movies before his disasters.
IMO nobody can or should ever be compared with Shaymalan.

I may go see this tonight. I find it hard to believe that he hasn't learned his lessons from Elysium which he himself thought was a mess. District 9 was great and I think this will at least be a good, thought provoking movie.

This is getting Jupiter Ascensing level bad reviews so idk