Big Eyes (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
http://thefilmstage.com/news/tim-burton ... d-writers/
Spinning his wheels for the past decade or so, churning out rehash after rehash with Johnny Depp at his side, we pretty much turned our head in the other direction when the next Tim Burton project was announced. Following up last year’s Dark Shadows and Frankenweenie, news has now landed on what the helmer’s next project will be and Depp is nowhere to be found…at least for now.

Over a year ago we reported that Ryan Reynolds and Reese Witherspoon signed on to Big Eyes, a biopic from Ed Wood writers Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski, with Burton in a producing role. According to Deadline, plans have now changes, with the director stepping up to behind the camera and Christoph Waltz and Amy Adams taking the lead roles of Walter and Margaret Keane, who achieved international recognition during the ’60s with “pop-eyed paintings.” Things became controversial when Margaret was the true talent who toiled in obscurity, while Walter stole all the credit and enjoyed fame.

The Weinstein Company has acquired the film to produce and distribute, marking the first time Burton has not worked with one of the major studios. It’s easy to rag on the director, but I’d be lying if this reunion with the writer team behind one of his best films, Ed Wood, didn’t have more intrigued that usual. Add in Waltz and Adams and you have the first Burton movie in some time that I’m actively anticipating.

Waltz and Adams. Could be interesting.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Oh look another movie that Burton fanboys will rave over. Might be my most anticipated of 2014.

Burton, Waltz and Adams?

I really need to stop overusing these The Master gifs. lol

Thank god that untalented Witherspoon isn't starring in this. Amy is so much better.

I'm a Burton fanboy, I don't rave over his work. And this sounds very promising with names like Adams and Waltz.

At least it isn't starring Depp and Carter playing weirdos.

BlairCo wrote:I'm a Burton fanboy, I don't rave over his work. And this sounds very promising with names like Adams and Waltz.
This.
Looking forward to art direction of this one btw.
gib sigs

Very interesting. I'm one of those who feels Burton's lost his way in recent years, so a project like this - a small-scale drama, with an original screenplay and two gifted leads who are neither Depp nor Bonham-Carter - might be just what he needs to revitalize himself. (And the story of the Keanes is a great one, really ripe with dramatic and comic possibility.)

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:At least it isn't starring Depp and Carter playing weirdos.
:lol: :lol: