Exodus: Gods and Kings (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Nomis1700 wrote:Rewatched The Prince of Egypt last night, it's been years and years since I last saw it.

It's still a great film, especially the beautiful music (although I didn't like two or three of them tbh). After seeing it, I was looking forward more to Exodus than I've been before. I watched the trailer again and I think Ridley Scott is going to do great. The story is just so great and epic, with the cast and nowadays technologic, I'm sure it's going to be really good. December can't come soon enough!

Is this getting an IMAX release?
Probably not cuz Hobbit and FOX didn't do IMAX for DOFP.

U think this movie will be improvement over last flaws Ridley Scott made? Really want it, but have a bad feelings about this.

poplar wrote:U think this movie will be improvement over last flaws Ridley Scott made? Really want it, but have a bad feelings about this.
Glass half empty sorta guy?

poplar wrote:U think this movie will be improvement over last flaws Ridley Scott made? Really want it, but have a bad feelings about this.
Steven Zaillian

m4st4 wrote:
Glass half empty sorta guy?
Something like that.

It's similarly shitty to be glass half full sorta guy, trust me. The best is forget about the glass and just wait for some solid info on it's quality.

I always have faith in Ridley doing historical epics though. Even Robin Hood was solid (Extended, for Cate Blanchett fans, especially).

trailer's gonna be epic. that's fo sho.

i may or june hav seen it.

m4st4 wrote:It's similarly shitty to be glass half full sorta guy, trust me. The best is forget about the glass and just wait for some solid info on it's quality.

I always have faith in Ridley doing historical epics though. Even Robin Hood was solid (Extended, for Cate Blanchett fans, especially).
it was?

-Vader

m4st4 wrote:It's similarly shitty to be glass half full sorta guy, trust me. The best is forget about the glass and just wait for some solid info on it's quality.

Well, I really don't like Robin Hood. For me it was a story without emotions. Great cast, great cinematography but everything in this movie was pointless.
But Zaillian is interesting, so maybe this time glass is half full.

Vader182 wrote:

it was?

-Vader
Checked my book... yup. Solid as in 3/5, possibly even 3.5. I'm a sucker for Blanchett as Marion like that. ;)

But Scott's top tier work was always KOH:DC (third best for me after Alien/Blade Runner) and Gladiator.