Exodus: Gods and Kings (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
celibate wrote:The difference between Noah and Exodus is Noah was a disaster event film genre (Aronofsky often referred to it as such in the press).

And Exodus is a film about ideas. Like Inception. The narrative and conflict is taking place on the plane of ideas.
Where has Aronofsky refferred to Noah as disaster?

And I'm glad some people are being kind to this movie, some even enjoying it, but I still hold the opinion that its horrible. Going on my "worst of " list.

Also, I fail to see how this film is anything like Inception in regards to "ideas." What?! This film has nothing under its belt in terms of thematic substance. Maybe some 4-hour cut could begin to reveal that, but it sounds like we're not going to get it.

celibate wrote:The difference between Noah and Exodus is Noah was a disaster event film genre (Aronofsky often referred to it as such in the press).

And Exodus is a film about ideas. Like Inception. The narrative and conflict is taking place on the plane of ideas.
Mhm. Tell me more about how Noah was 2012 and Day After Tomorrow and had no 'ideas', please.

Or, you can be reasonable and realize that genre injection isn't the only substance in a good movie, on the contrary in the case of Noah it was merely a setting, vessel for the ideas that were presented upon you.

Echovoid_52 wrote:
Also, I fail to see how this film is anything like Inception in regards to "ideas."

What function does Ben Kingsley's character serve in this film?

in the 4th layer of Inception (Inside the mind of Fischer) , Cobb and his associates TELL HIM A STORY ABOUT HIS FATHER

remember....the door is there, whether you walk through it or not. But as long as you havnt walked through the door, youve never seen the story that was being told inside.

Are you watching closely?
Last edited by celibate on December 16th, 2014, 7:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

celibate wrote:
Echovoid_52 wrote:
Also, I fail to see how this film is anything like Inception in regards to "ideas."

What function does Ben Kingsley's character serve in this film?

in the 4th layer of Inception (Inside the mind of Fischer) , Cobb and his associates TELL HIM A STORY ABOUT HIS FATHER

remember....the door is there, whether you walk through it or not. But as long as you havnt walked through the door, youve never seen the story that was being told inside.
a) Why are you using so many blanks... I tried going over them but there was no hidden text.
b) Why are you constantly referencing Chris Nolan movies, like they have something meaningful to do with Exodus? If you're using a reference please connect the dots and use them appropriately, otherwise it's thin air.
c) Why are you talking in cryptic messages instead of actually discussing the ideas with folks here, the ideas you think were worthwhile and well executed in Exodus; you're not being critical, just quasi-prophetical.
d) Stop with the doors already, you're acting like false forum messiah and once again going back to the very roots that exiled you from this forum - arguments are everyting, in this case you have none:

If someone tells you you're being obscure it just makes no sense to further it all into an entire game of obscurity. You're on a forum to communicate, not the opposite.

Well, I thought Exodus wasn't very well written. Performances were meh. I hope he doesn't screw up The Martian, that book is among my favourites...

celibate wrote:I showed you the door. if you decide not to walk through it., thats on you.

celibate wrote:I showed you the door. if you decide not to walk through it., thats on you.

I just noticed his update.

Glad this flopped at the box office.

Hopefully this teaches Hollywood most people this day and age do not want to see a whitewashed cast.