Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion Thread

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ant-Man and Wasp is garbage.

Quite unbelievable that Wasp got better reviews than Infinity War. Like there is a massive difference of quality there. What the eff.£

IW is a soul sucking two hours and 40 minutes, super messy, and in many ways visually disappointing. Wasp is easy to sit back and enjoy.

so it kind of makes sense?

-Vader

Numbers wrote:
December 20th, 2018, 10:04 pm
Ant-Man and Wasp is garbage.
This. It doesn't even have the faint creative verve of the first one.

Which will happen when you lose two of the better comedic filmmakers working today

Vader182 wrote:
December 20th, 2018, 10:57 pm
IW is a soul sucking two hours and 40 minutes, super messy, and in many ways visually disappointing. Wasp is easy to sit back and enjoy.

-Vader
This. Glad the IW obsession is starting to die down, because the film really isn't all that good. I think it would've been received very differently without the ending.

Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
I believe it has to do with the fact that plenty of times writing a review so shortly after seeing a film might not be the best idea. Ask the same group of people about which film has stuck with them more, in a couple of months, and the reactions could be all different.

Like now Infinity is making it into a heck of a lot more top ten lists than Wasp.£

Master Virgo wrote:
December 20th, 2018, 10:43 pm
Quite unbelievable that Wasp got better reviews than Infinity War. Like there is a massive difference of quality there. What the eff.£
Infinity War has a 7.5 avg. rating while Wasp has a 7. That's significantly better. Though Wasp has a 70 metacritic and Infinity War has a 68 but that's more slight. Overall I think Infinity War is better reviewed considering RT has a lot more reviews.

Master Virgo wrote:
December 20th, 2018, 11:37 pm
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
I believe it has to do with the fact that plenty of times writing a review so shortly after seeing a film might not be the best idea. Ask the same group of people about which film has stuck with them more, in a couple of months, and the reactions could be all different.

Like now Infinity is making it into a heck of a lot more top ten lists than Wasp.£
sorta. IW is on 8 main top ten lists out of 156 lists, 6 of which are Den of Geek, Empire, Gamespot, IGN, Nerdist and Total Film. it's not like it's on Justin Chang or Ignatiy Vishnevetsky's lol.

-Vader

I could see myself rewatching Ant-Man and the Wasp because it's a fun comedy. Rewatching Infinity War always feels like a chore because I think the story is dumb, overly long and paper-thin yet the film also wants you to take it very seriously.

intradesting