American Sniper (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Echovoid_52 wrote:God, this movie is seriously a piece of shit outside Bradley Cooper. Deluded conservative, fox-news 'Murica is gonna eat it up though.
The film is marvelous and who won the 2014 election ? The Msnbc crowd can hate this film all they want .

I'm surprised they didn't take on the PTSD part more than they did. The film Brothers explored it in an interesting way. They could have got a lot more substance out of the film had they done so like that movie did.

ArmandFancypants wrote:...nope. But the rules are pretty simple - it's either got to be an interesting story, an interesting character, or both. Sniper is neither, Unbroken is neither.
Hey, I think a psychopathic fabulist is a great basis for a character but it sounds like Eastwood didn't want to use that angle.

Also, the dude looks like Chris Pratt (suddenly start remembering ZD30 scenes).

Why the hell wasn't Warner Bros. in charge of Interstellar's domestic distribution?

Dodd wrote:I'm surprised they didn't take on the PTSD part more than they did. The film Brothers explored it in an interesting way. They could have got a lot more substance out of the film had they done so like that movie did.
It doesn't explore it at all. It merely tacks it on during the last 15 minutes, quite cheaply I'll add. So much of this film is dedicated to really boring scenes of combat. The sniper vs. sniper embellished plot line was like something straight out of an 80's action film. That's one of this films many problems. It's not a drama revolving around PTSD or anything deep, it's just an action movie.

And I agree, Brothers was a great film about PTSD. Now if y'all excuse me, I'm going to go watch "Fury" for the third time, the better 2014 American war film.

Holy fuck. A 90 million dollar opening? For an R-Rated film? IN FUCKING JANUARY?

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:Why the hell wasn't Warner Bros. in charge of Interstellar's domestic distribution?
Get out you troll. WB got lucky since multiple elements collided just about right for them with this movie.

my theater was packed full of the whitest Arkansans one could find in this state

How many goddamn movies are gonna start with "American"?

Forum Pro
Law
shauner111 wrote:How many goddamn movies are gonna start with "American"?
Problem?