Locke (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:To put things in perspective, the vast majority of reactions I'm seeing from google and twitter praise Hardy more than the film itself, which seems to be most often called a small but pretty great film.

-Vader
Well let's take a look, I pretty much posted every twitter reaction about it yesterday-

James Mottram ‏@JamesMottram 2m
#Venice2013 #Locke Brave one-man show from Tom Hardy, a real-time drama all set in a motorway-bound car.

CineVue ‏@CineVue 1h
#Locke: Brilliant chamber cinema, utterly gripping drama. Tom Hardy fantastic. Should have been in competition. #Venezia70 (@drjonty)

Damon Wise ‏@yo_damo 1h
Tom Hardy. Is wonderful in Locke; an excellent single-location drama. Subtle and affecting. #Venice2013

Wendy Ide ‏@wendyide 14m
Loved Locke. Venice fave so far. Tom Hardy is superb, the fact that he read all his lines from an autocue notwithstanding.

@robbiereviews Locke is Tom Hardy with a beard & a Welsh accent making phone calls in a car for 90mins. It's brilliant. #Venezia70

marlene von arx ‏@moviemarlene 2h
You had me at hello! Tom Hardy in a car and on the phone for 85min. Maybe the best film of #Venezia70 so far #Locke

Kate Muir ‏@muirkate 2h
LOCKE is just superb. Tom Hardy on the mobile in a car and that's it. Directed and written by Steven Knight. My favourite #Venice this year
Sorry but you're wrong.

I'm currently on an ipad so i wont dig up reactions to post, but judging strictly off those tweets only one includes a point of comparison to other films, the rest offer praise. Look stuff up, plenty of articles have been written about the film specifically saying Hardy was the most praised thing about it and the movie itself, while small, is great. These are first hand reports from people at the screening, which i take with greater credibility than a handful of tweets.

-Vader

Does anyone have a screenplay for this film?

5/5 stars from HeyuGuys-
this is a groundbreaking and beautifully rendered film
http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/locke-review/
Vader182 wrote:and the movie itself, while small, is great.

-Vader
Stop always using the word small when describing a film as a negative, not everyone thinks like you with scales of films. Smaller can be better depending on the film.

Asanty wrote:Hardy rises again.

Alberto wrote:
Law wrote:Image
Fuckin' BADASS.

My man:-) Im glad Hardy did something like this.....I hope he continues to try new and diverse things.. he definitely has the personality (ies) for it lol...

It is going to be shown at London film festival. Anyone in London is able to catch it?

Allstar wrote:5/5 stars from HeyuGuys-
this is a groundbreaking and beautifully rendered film
http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/locke-review/
Vader182 wrote:and the movie itself, while small, is great.

-Vader
Stop always using the word small when describing a film as a negative, not everyone thinks like you with scales of films. Smaller can be better depending on the film.
I just saw this now, and I'm really intrigued by what you mean by 'not everyone thinks like you with scales of films.' Are you unaware that one of my favorite filmmakers of all time, Ingmar Bergman, has essentially made a career out of chamber dramas?

-Vader