Star Trek Beyond (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
neb4ever wrote:Cool. Now edgar should direct!
they've already got justin lin directing lol

no Lindelof is always good news

wow I'm being really annoying today

Scotty becomes Fleet Admiral and marries Uhura confirmed.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/02/03/st ... or-villain
Set a course for the Tread Lightly system. Rumor has it that Breaking Bad's Bryan Cranston is being eyed for the villain role in Star Trek 3.

Film Divider claims that the bad guy is described as "Bryan Cranston-like, to the point that Cranston himself has had words with the studio about taking the role. We don’t know just yet if he said yes, or if this is an all-new character or somebody from continuity, but because they’re shooting for Cranston we at least know the filmmakers want to bring the intensity."

But that's not all. The site also purports that there will be three new female roles in the movie, with the leading one being the ex-wife of Dr. Leonard McCoy. Yes, the woman who, according to the 2009 reboot, is the reason he ended up with the nickname "Bones." Whether she's the previously created characters of Pamela Branch or Jocelyn Treadaway or an entirely new character created just for this movie is unknown.

The other two new female characters, according to Film Divider, are the President of the United Federation of Planets and a Starfleet ship's captain who is "being set up as Kirk’s match."
Update: OLV is now reporting that Star Trek 3 will start filming on April 15 at Vancouver Film Studios in Vancouver, BC.

I must say Simon Pegg writing gives me some hope, but it looks like it's being rushed for that July 2016 release

Let's just say I'm at least curious

Now Where Was I ? wrote:I must say Simon Pegg writing gives me some hope, but it looks like it's being rushed for that July 2016 release

Let's just say I'm at least curious

Bryan Cranston as Harry Mudd.

the Borg would make it interesting for once

but I'm betting it'll be Klingons this time