Gone Girl (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
jibran wrote:
RIFA wrote: What what?

At that time people named her performance even as one of the best in years lol... People were raving about her and the internet went nuts. She was like a twitter trend. Now... few barely even mention Mara in TGWTDT when they talk about the best performances in the last couple of years...
Oh, so you mean the profile of that portrayal has declined heavily in recent times.
It has declined because it's not in the media, doesn't mean she's less appreciated or loved in that role. And it's understandable, since Sony is pretty much silent on the sequels front. What are they waiting? Last time I heard, Zaillian was writing his second draft, they're still trying to find the way to make it work, probably back-to-back. And even Fincher commented recently: ''We're trying to make it our own thing.''

Meanwhile, David Fincher seems to be getting serious about Gone Girl, the Gillian Flynn runaway bestseller that Fox has been developing with Social Network helmer since January. Pacific Standard’s Reese Witherspoon and Bruna Papandrea are producing, along with Leslie Dixon, and Flynn wrote the first draft of the screenplay. The plot: a woman disappears on the day of her fifth anniversary and all roads point to her husband as the killer. It looks like Witherspoon is now only going to produce the film, and Fincher’s participation is gaining currency because every age-appropriate actress in town is getting excited about the lead role.
-deadline

Anything beats DT sequel for me. This is still uninspiring though.

Good stuff, such a good book; re-read it the other day. Perfect material for David. 8-)

Dream-Xtractor wrote:Good stuff, such a good book; re-read it the other day. Perfect material for David. 8-)
I'd rather him do something that is not perfect him.

Allstar wrote:
Dream-Xtractor wrote:Good stuff, such a good book; re-read it the other day. Perfect material for David. 8-)
I'd rather him do something that is not perfect him.
Last time he did that: Benjamin Button. Not everyone was happy.

But wait, do they have the script??? :think:

Dragon Tattoo is perfectly sensationalistic and immediate, Zodiac's intelligence and tact is difficult to match, and Se7en's a near flawless marriage of both extremes. That's not to say Zodiac's not exciting and Dragon Tattoo's not smart, but it's easy to see what I mean. I know next to nothing about Gone Girl, but I certainly don't see it finding a satisfying place in FIncher's filmography, or in the hearts of his considerable fanbase.

"Perfect" materiel doesn't mean it isn't outside the comfort zone of whoever you're talking about, by the way. Ben Button has a calculatedness to its beauty and sentimentality I find distinctly David Fincher, almost more than some of his other films that have more cosmetic similarities.

-Vader

So I guess this id going to be the next movie of Fincher after Disney delayed the production of 20000.

I'm going to buy the book

theseeker9175 wrote:So I guess this id going to be the next movie of Fincher after Disney delayed the production of 20000.

Already have it in pdf but waiting to see what happens... :think:

d4mi4n wrote:
theseeker9175 wrote:So I guess this id going to be the next movie of Fincher after Disney delayed the production of 20000.

Reported for illegally downloading. :silent: ;)

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
d4mi4n wrote:
Reported for illegally downloading. :silent: ;)
Legally downloaded e-book.
...LOL no way. ;)