Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Mad max is the role Tom is most excited for. He is definitely doing it.

talli wrote:Mad max is the role Tom is most excited for. He is definitely doing it.
Good just wanted to make sure of that lol. If you would want to share a little info I would not mind haha.

This thing getting back on track?

chee wrote:This thing getting back on track?

soon as TDKR finishes shooting in the city

We were meant to be filming right now but they postponed it for a January 2012 start. I’m really looking forward to this because I’m playing a number of roles, including the main henchman to the bad guy played by Hugh Keays-Byrne who was in the original Mad Max over 30 years ago. I’m so thrilled for the opportunity to be part of such an iconic aussie franchise and have such a good role. A few months ago we did rehearsals with cars and trucks in the Australian Outback. Too much fun for one person! [Laughs] Brit Tom Hardy will play the lead as the Max character and he says he can’t wait to train in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu everyday on-set so that should be a hoot! This is definitely the most exciting thing I’ve got coming up and as I say we’ll be shooting from January 2012.

no wonder that movie is on his mind so much

talli wrote:
We were meant to be filming right now but they postponed it for a January 2012 start. I’m really looking forward to this because I’m playing a number of roles, including the main henchman to the bad guy played by Hugh Keays-Byrne who was in the original Mad Max over 30 years ago. I’m so thrilled for the opportunity to be part of such an iconic aussie franchise and have such a good role. A few months ago we did rehearsals with cars and trucks in the Australian Outback. Too much fun for one person! [Laughs] Brit Tom Hardy will play the lead as the Max character and he says he can’t wait to train in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu everyday on-set so that should be a hoot! This is definitely the most exciting thing I’ve got coming up and as I say we’ll be shooting from January 2012.

no wonder that movie is on his mind so much
Thank god it got postpones otherwise he would not be in TDKR now he gets to do both. :twothumbsup:

Is Mad Max going to be full-on action?
TH: I think so, yeah. Now, we’re working on the Mad Max body, which is going to be stripped down and become more feral and dog-like.

Mel Gibson in those days wasn’t really beefed up.
TH: No, no, he wasn’t. He’s a legend man, but he didn’t do half the shit that we’re going to be doing in this one – you can fit the entire fucking trilogy in the first 20 minutes of this one. He’s a legend and I’ve got his shoes to fill and that’s going to be difficult enough, but the entire Mad Max trilogy is kind of over in the first 20 minutes. It’s epic, it’s ridiculous.

Why did George Miller want to do it?
TH: That’s a good question, which I’ll find out more about.

Because he’s gone to do all kinds of different things…
TH: Babe, Happy Feet… I love that about him.

I never met him, he looks like an old dandy.
TH: He’s very analytical; he’s a psychiatrist as well. He’s very analysis-based and caring and sensitive, and due dilligence is his process. He articulates himself in a multitude of sensual and sensitive ways, and he’s just brilliant to be with.

You’re talking about all this action, but with George directing, it’s got to be a character piece too?
TH: He’s got to ground it entirely in a world of humility, sensitivity and vulnerability, that he exudes himself.

Is it obvious from what you’ve seen of the script already?
TH: No. [Laughing.] What you see in the script is just fucking raw carnage! So god knows how he’s going to do it. If it wasn’t for George Miller, I don’t think it’s something I would look at with any seriousness, because it would easily just be something that is an action movie, like any other, which either does well or doesn’t do well.

A lot of those films are essentially the same film, but with different outfits and names?
TH: It can be like that, but this isn’t the case. It’s more like the reinvention of Batman that Christopher Nolan did. This is George Miller, coming with something he created initially anyway and he’s had 30 years to ruminate on and to return back to it.
Pnut: It’s almost like an intimate independent film done on a epic scale. It’s terrifying.

There’s no Tina Turner…
TH: Thank god! I’m not going to lie, Mel was good but Tina wasn’t great, was she? She’s a legend that just didn’t translate to screen [laughing]. She’s still an icon and it’s more than I can say about my career. I’ve got the opportunity, but I’m no legend.

so Tom is the Christian Bale to George Miller's Nolan...no wonder he is so excited about this reboot

I think this has a chance to be good I know that Tom is going to do well as always. But personally I would have rather have seen Sam Worthington in the lead roll. But thats as far as I'm going to go with that because I don't want to get trashed by the Tom Hardy lovers lol.
Why you lurking my page brah?

Dodd wrote:I think this has a chance to be good I know that Tom is going to do well as always. But personally I would have rather have seen Sam Worthington in the lead roll. But thats as far as I'm going to go with that because I don't want to get trashed by the Tom Hardy lovers lol.

it would be less interesting with worthington...a boring, bland, naturalistic, emotionally repressed performance

Isn't Tom going to have to get skinny for this film again?