Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Crazy Eight wrote:Hardy's definitely been main stream since TDKR. He's pretty consistently one of the top 10 most viewed profiles on IMDB (he's #1 right now), and just in my personal life he's a name I can casually throw around without anyone not knowing who he is.

What separates Hardy from Pratt or Cumby is that, even though he's done three huge blockbusters, he hasn't really "sold out". Ironically usually his lesser stuff are his small scale choices, but, and he's talked about this, since This Means War he's been incredibly deliberate in the roles he chooses. He purposefully doesn't want to become like Pratt, where his face is on every big blockbuster franchise you can conjure up. That inevitably leads to audiences getting sick of you, which is why I'm hoping Pratt doesn't end up in Ghostbusters and Indy on top of Marvel and Jurassic World.
Hardy has said over and over in interviews, too, that he has no desire to be "famous." And he doesn't hang out with the Hollywood crowd and stick his face in front of cameras constantly like so many others. He's not "all about me," like so many other actors/actresses. Unfortunately in today's entertainment world, you get noticed often for all the wrong reasons, like atrocious behavior.

BlairCo wrote:
It's so damn addictive. I have to listen to it at least twice per day.

Yes!!! That song is an eargasm! Just read MM is going to be released June 20th in Japan...Kind of awhile away my Japanese friends .... What's up with that?!

QueenofHearts wrote:Yes!!! That song is an eargasm! Just read MM is going to be released June 20th in Japan...Kind of awhile away my Japanese friends .... What's up with that?!
Impossibru! I need this movie in my rife right now!

Jedisunscreen wrote:Why has Tom Hardy not arrived at his Benedict Cumberbatch or Chris Pratt moment with the public?
Harry's fairly mainstream. Perhaps why he's not on the same level of superstardom as the two you mentioned could be because of his on-set reputation. People think he's kind of a dick. And he's never really had a role with as much mainstream appeal as Star Lord or Sherlock (besides Bane when his face was covered the whole time).

I also haven't seen this yet because I've been busy, but goddamn I want to.

Nomis wrote:Loved his voice, would've made a great Bane voice. Or am I getting the pitchforks and the torches at me now?
i've never had a problem with any of hardy's voices, dono why they're a point of contention

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
Nomis wrote:Loved his voice, would've made a great Bane voice. Or am I getting the pitchforks and the torches at me now?
i've never had a problem with any of hardy's voices, dono why they're a point of contention

So we're not optimistic about there being a sequel anymore?

It's going to take some time before it's realistic to be optimistic about it but here's another positive update (deadline):
We have two movies in the top three right now shouldering big budgets with smaller takes than anyone expected — Tomorrowland and Warner Bros.’ Mad Max: Fury Road, which is still holding strong in its second weekend for the No. 3 slot. More to come tomorrow.
So, according to this, Poltergeist will actually take No.4 while M.M.'s second weekend shows a strong word of mouth. Tomorrowland, even though on No.1 (just barely above PP2) will probably be a bomb in the long run; not John Carter but yeah.