Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Forum Pro
Law
My hopes are still held high

It isn't that much... still worried for this one though.

Allstar wrote:
Law wrote:
Allstar wrote:Am I the only one pretty worried about this movie?
Yes.
big blockbuster that has been in the can since last November still has no release date and skipped comic con where all blockbusters usually go. You do not find that a bit odd?

Maybe they are really taking their time in post production.. I hear the car scenes and fight scenes are incredible especially the car scenes and that they tried a lot of new things that have not been tried before, so maybe that is it? We've waited a long time for MM.... perhaps Miller is just making sure that everything is exactly as he wants it to be. Just my thoughts.. Im sure the performances are amazing.. so maybe it's just technical??

Forum Pro
Law
Queen of Hearts wrote:
Maybe they are really taking their time in post production.. I hear the car scenes and fight scenes are incredible especially the car scenes and that they tried a lot of new things that have not been tried before, so maybe that is it? We've waited a long time for MM.... perhaps Miller is just making sure that everything is exactly as he wants it to be. Just my thoughts..
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/denial

Law wrote:
Queen of Hearts wrote:
Maybe they are really taking their time in post production.. I hear the car scenes and fight scenes are incredible especially the car scenes and that they tried a lot of new things that have not been tried before, so maybe that is it? We've waited a long time for MM.... perhaps Miller is just making sure that everything is exactly as he wants it to be. Just my thoughts..
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/denial
Ha..okay thanks Law..:-) Still seeing this movie whether it comes out in three years or three months;-)

Collider says it may be released in 2014. Hope it won't become another eternal long delayed film.

World War Z turned out very well considering, reshoots don't mean anything anyway, maybe VFX are taking longer than expected, nobody knows.

From the comment section at Badassdigest:
I know someone who worked on the film. He had a lovely time hanging out on the shoot... which is good, because there was a lot of hanging out.

From his account, the stars didn't get along. There was a lot of attitude. They showed up late, or left early. Shooting always began later than expected. Production fell way, way behind.

The day scheduled for film to end shooting arrived, the movie wasn't done, and the studio said, "Okay. That's it," and shooting ended.

The movie simply isn't finished.

I don't think this is about tinkering or re-shoots (though there may be that). From the story I heard, it's about about shooting the rest of the script -- because the movie isn't shot yet....

My friend is below the line (though close to the line!) and so could only truly judge behaviors and the their results (late days every day). He'll never know motivations.

But from what he gleaned, two of the people you named really didn't want to be there on that film, and there was a paycheck difference between these two that really irked one of them.

I'll say that I'm pretty sure Hardy would rather be making Locke than a big studio action movie -- even if it turns out great. (Read Hardy's recent comments on Locke. I think he's specifically referencing MAD MAX in his comments).

That's the irony of these days. Our best actors want to work (of course), but the work they want to do is often not the kind of work the audience will pay to see. And the stories the audience will pay to see is often a paycheck to be left behind as soon as possible. It's a weird tension. You spend three months out of country away from the life you like waiting to get back to project you think you'll love more and -- because we're all human and capable of losing perspective that things are actually quite good -- crankiness can ensue.

But that's all hearsay on my part.

i can tell you without doubt the movie wasn't finished the first time around.
Believe what you will.

Early reports mentioned how Hardy and Theron didn't get along, this is the second time someone mentioned it. At this moment, it feels like Terminator Salvation - it'll probably look okay due to car chase set pieces and all that, but I couldn't care less.

I find that very surprising that a guy like Hardy, that seems pretty professional all around wouldnt want to be there on the set and would show up late, Theron as well. But then again, it's all about hearsay and perception.

Hadn't heard about the feud btw them, and just read about it. Hardy staying in character and talking to himself btw takes, Charlize thinking he's a weirdo, doesnt seem too dramatic.