The Conjuring (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Dragon_316ca wrote:
Much better than the first trailer. Looks good.

Addition of Hurdy Gurdy Man is always welcome. 8-)

Dragon_316ca wrote:
Looks good

And now I gotta watch Zodiac.
Say Girl

Always nice to see a good horror movie. Two in one year to be precise, that's like a miracle! :twothumbsup:

no , it's the same shit again :thumbdown:

chinn70 wrote:no , it's the same shit again :thumbdown:
It looks scary, which wasn't the case with Paranormal Shitivity 4, and I really dig the visual style. Lots of horrors circle around the same type of elements, but it's about the way of mixing them, adding some extra spices. So far I'm having the right kind of vibes...

chinn70 wrote:no , it's the same shit again :thumbdown:
Everything has been done. Cabin In The Woods was great but my god the primse alone... I like a good scary movie. You can tell they aren't fucking around with this one.

All ghost stories are the same. What really matters is how they are told.
Say Girl

I mean, does stuff like this actually scare people? I dunno. I love a lot of iconic horror movies, Alien, Rosemary's Baby, etc. The thing is, they usually 'scare' me in the way a lot of movies 'scare' me, which is I worry for the characters and I'm tense or whatever. This is probably going to make iwatch and allstar go totally bonkers with accusations of pinky pointed drinking of earl grey, but the existential horror of Bergman movies is about a hundred times more frightening than anything I'd see in something like this.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:I mean, does stuff like this actually scare people? I dunno. I love a lot of iconic horror movies, Alien, Rosemary's Baby, etc. The thing is, they usually 'scare' me in the way a lot of movies 'scare' me, which is I worry for the characters and I'm tense or whatever. This is probably going to make iwatch and allstar go totally bonkers with accusations of pinky pointed drinking of earl grey, but the existential horror of Bergman movies is about a hundred times more frightening than anything I'd see in something like this.

-Vader
Dude going to see a movie like this is like going to a haunted house. It's just for the fun of the thrill. You just need to lighten up some.
Say Girl

d4mi4n wrote: It looks scary, which wasn't the case with Paranormal Shitivity 4, and I really dig the visual style. Lots of horrors circle around the same type of elements, but it's about the way of mixing them, adding some extra spices. So far I'm having the right kind of vibes...
Paranormal Shitivity 4 :lol: :clap:
some shots were good , but the overall theme & the making is same as any other horror mov.
well , it's a one time watch for sure but not in the theater's ;) i'm not judging the movie but it's theme .
Peace wrote:
All ghost stories are the same. What really matters is how they are told.
exactly , my point & so far with the trailer i'm not impressed tbh.