Top Ten Movies of 2013

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
1. Pines
2. Into Darkness
3. Monsters University
4. MoS
5. Pacific Rim
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
- Iron Man 3

FreakLikeMe wrote:1. Pines
2. Into Darkness
3. Monsters University
4. MoS
5. Pacific Rim
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
- Iron Man 3
That's actually a pretty good sumary of what's wrong with the brains of some people in this site. And not for the reasons some will believe (but for the ones others will see).

didich wrote:1. The Place Beyond the Pines
2. Mud
3. Before Midnight
4. Side Effects
5. Pacfic Rim
6. Iron Man Three
7. Star Trek Into Darkness
8 The Wolf Children Ame and Yuki*
9. Spring Breakers
10. Evil Dead

Honorable Mentions: Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, Oblivion, Trance, Byzantium.

* Yeah, I know this came out in 2012. Deal with it.

There's are still lots of movies I want to watch (MU, Much Ado, This Is the End...).
I thought you liked Iron Man 3 more than The Avengers....so you liked Side Effects more than both of them? :think: :shock:

Allstar wrote: I thought you liked Iron Man 3 more than The Avengers....so you liked Side Effects more than both of them? :think: :shock:
Ain't nothing wrong with dat.

Though that's rather surprising, considering how much didich seemed to have liked The Avengers.

Allstar wrote:
didich wrote:1. The Place Beyond the Pines
2. Mud
3. Before Midnight
4. Side Effects
5. Pacfic Rim
6. Iron Man Three
7. Star Trek Into Darkness
8 The Wolf Children Ame and Yuki*
9. Spring Breakers
10. Evil Dead

Honorable Mentions: Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, Oblivion, Trance, Byzantium.

* Yeah, I know this came out in 2012. Deal with it.

There's are still lots of movies I want to watch (MU, Much Ado, This Is the End...).
I thought you liked Iron Man 3 more than The Avengers....so you liked Side Effects more than both of them? :think: :shock:
No, no, no. Technically, I said I consider Iron Man Three to be a better movie than Marvel's The Avengers, and I maintain it, in the sense that I consider Iron Man 3 to have a braver (though not necessarily better) script, more compelling performances (specially in the case of RDJ, I thought he was plain-out great; even if he 'plays himself' like some here like to repeat, he played versions of himself [as in, depressed RDJ, unconfident RDJ, funny RDJ, charming RDJ, serious RDJ, weird RDJ] much, much better than 80% of actors this year playing 'their characters') and, if you get every aspect individually, a stronger direction. That being said, I like Marvel's The Avengers [much] more than both for reasons I've explained many times, if you need a review of mine I'll provide a link (in fact, I need a rewatch of Three because, personally, I got some 'mixed' feelings I want to reanalyse).

As for Side Effects... Well yeah, I liked it quite a lot. Soderbergh is not exactly a favored filmmaker of mine but, like in my very beloved Ocean's Eleven, I believe he can handle a sharp script (the strongest aspect of the movie, imo).

Though it's important to note that, despite the fact I put some movies above others, in terms of rating there's no much separation. For example, 4, 5, 6 and 7 all circle around a 7,5 at the moment, with Side and Pacific Rim leaning towards the 8 and Star Trek being static (and IM3, as I said, frozen until I rewatch it, though it'll either go up or down, I doubt it'll remain in it's rating).

Don't worry guys, I still love The Avengers. I haven't hurt my head or anything. :lol: :lol: :P

didich wrote:
FreakLikeMe wrote:1. Pines
2. Into Darkness
3. Monsters University
4. MoS
5. Pacific Rim
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
- Iron Man 3
That's actually a pretty good sumary of what's wrong with the brains of some people in this site. And not for the reasons some will believe (but for the ones others will see).
What do you mean?

Bacon wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:TDKR
Zero Dark Thirty
Elysium (I read the script so I've basically seen it)
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
12 Years a Slave (read script = seen it)
House of Cards (like a really long movie)
The Hobbit 1 (rounding it's 2013 so)
Skyfall (Blu-ray came out in 2013)
Cloud Atlas (didn't come out till mid-2013 on Blu-ray )
Fly Boys (referenced in This is the End so technically...)
I hope you realize how much joy you're bringing me by showing me you're so butthurt over the stupidest thing. :lol: Just goes to show you that Crazy Eight can't handle anyone else's opinions without shoving in his own.
Yeah most people are taken a bit a back when people say things equivalent to "In my opinion gravity isn't a real thing" or "dinosaurs didn't exist". You know, things like that.

07202012 wrote:
Addicted2Movies wrote:1. Star Trek Into Darkness (A-)
2. The Place Beyond the Pines (A-)
3. Man of Steel (B)
4. This Is The End (B)
5. Oblivion (B-)
6. Pacific Rim (B-)
7. Iron Man 3 (C+)
8. World War Z (C)
9. G.I. Joe Retaliation (D)
This year has been disappointing.
Well, only three films exceeded my expectations so far this year: The Place Beyond the Pines, Star Trek Into Darkness, and Oblivion. Everything else either disappointed me (Iron Man Three and Pacific Rim) or turned out just as I expected it to. So in that sense, I suppose it has been disappointing. I still need to see a few others though such as Mud, Gatsby, Side Effects, and Warm Bodies.

On the contrary, this summer feels pretty good in my book.

m4st4 wrote:On the contrary, this summer feels pretty good in my book.
Elysium could easily change my perspective though.