The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
There ain't alot of option. You either crop the image to the width of 360, and you'll lose a bit in height.
Or you crop the image to the height, and you'll leave some blank space in width. The only solution to that is extend the image somehow.

I did this.
200 height crop extended:

360 width crop:

*sorry about the OT blabber

So I see. I wanted the second one but file size is too big.. Thanks btw!

See here, six limbed Smaug! At first I wanted him to be like this but I prefer the four limbed Smaug, makes him much more snake like and is more practical for the flying.

I really dig that Cumberbatch was mo-capped for this. I know not so much for the movement but for himself and his voice. Really really great that they used mo-cap for his face mostly to bring Smaug to life. I LOVE Smaug 8-)

IF we ever get films of The Silmarillion, Glaurung is gonna be fantastic as well if also done with mo-cap! He's got no wings, he's not larger than Smaug but damn was he awesome in the book!

Nomis1700 wrote: IF we ever get films of The Silmarillion
That is never going to happen.

Yeah, the Tolkien Estate isn't letting go of that anytime soon. It was difficult enough managing to figure out who had the Hobbit rights.

besides, doesn't the Tolkein estate hate PJ or something?

Oh you bet they do.

Why do they hate PJ?

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Why do they hate PJ?
Christopher thinks LotR and The Hobbit are works of poetry, not action or adventure.

Guess they can't be both. I also guess Tolkien prolly shouldn't have written so many huge battles into his books.

-Vader

But, Christopher Tolkien is pretty old now, it could be done any moment.

Yes that sounded cold. But it's true.

I know the estate won't sell it to WB anytime soon but you never know. Like I said, IF it ever happens and WB wants PJ to direct (of course) then I think PJ could get a lot more time for script work and pre-production than with The Hobbit. It shows in the finished product. And of course, The Silmarillion is probably one of the hardest books to adapt for the live screen.