The Tree Of Life.

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
This is one of the most awaited movies of 2010. Many claims that this movie is this year's AVATAR. Terrance Mallick is a genius director. This was supposed to be listed in CANNES this year, but Terrance announced that movie is not completly done.

Now from sources as comingsoon.net comes the news that a trailer for this movie will be attached in front of INCEPTION.

List of Trailers....

Let Me In (Let The Right One In remake)
The American
The Green Hornet
The Tree of Life
The Social Network
Morning Glory
The Town

I'll check out Tree of Life for the same reason I check out all of Malick's other films, because they look pretty, and only because they look pretty.

Awesome list of films they're attaching to Inception. Tree of Life is one of my most anticipated before Inception of the year.

I'm pretty sure that's a fake list. As far as I know there isn't actually a comingsoon.net article stating all this.

Not a very convincing title, reminds me of the fountain or some shit, we'll have to wait.

OVERMAN wrote:Not a very convincing title, reminds me of the fountain or some crap, we'll have to wait.

its a very grand scale film....its supposed to be a story centered around family, father is a bit like De Niro in This Boy's Life and is played by Brad Pitt....the son will grow up to be affected by his relationship with his father and is played by Sean Penn.....but apparently this story is transposed with an even bigger story about the beginning of the world, and all the history that follows ....I dont know how this could be pulled off, but Ill have to see

Terrance Mallick never disappoints me. THE NEW WORLD was a epic. THE THIN RED LINE is a timeless classic war movie. It is one of the best films. Did you guys know that PETER JACKSON saw THE THIN RED LINE and then before started the shooting of the first LORD OF THE RINGS, he gathered his whole main cast and then gave them a homework. Their homework was to watch THE THIN RED LINE and learn how the actors in THE THIN RED LINE was focused in their positions.

Ok. Back to TREE OF LIFE.

PLot: The story centers around a family with three boys in the 1950s. The eldest son witnesses the loss of innocence

This is not only a story about a family, but a story about history of this world like TALLI stated. I read an article that this is actually 2 movies. There are dinasaurs involed as well.

talli wrote:
OVERMAN wrote:Not a very convincing title, reminds me of the fountain or some crap, we'll have to wait.

its a very grand scale film....its supposed to be a story centered around family, father is a bit like De Niro in This Boy's Life and is played by Brad Pitt....the son will grow up to be affected by his relationship with his father and is played by Sean Penn.....but apparently this story is transposed with an even bigger story about the beginning of the world, and all the history that follows ....I dont know how this could be pulled off, but Ill have to see
Yeah, I was surprised when I heard about the plot. But no doubt it's gonna be interesting movie. I read, that trailer gonna be attached to "Inception" for sure. I'm looking forward to it.

Galadh wrote:
talli wrote:

Yeah, I was surprised when I heard about the plot. But no doubt it's gonna be interesting movie. I read, that trailer gonna be attached to "Inception" for sure. I'm looking forward to it.
Without seeing the trailer or a single picture from the film. I am already smelling some oscars for this movie.

Rohan wrote: Without seeing the trailer or a single picture from the film. I am already smelling some oscars for this movie.
I don't like predicting so early, but some say, that it's gonna be oscar fight between "Inception" and "Tree of Life". Well, we will see. It's possible.