Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
It would be amazing if Nolan directed, but if he can't then the other choice would be Joss Whedon.

Neizar wrote:How can ANYONE turn Star Wars into realistic thriller? It's impossible...
Pretty sure there were quite a few people who said that about Batman in 2003/4.

MikaHaeli8 wrote:
Neizar wrote:How can ANYONE turn Star Wars into realistic thriller? It's impossible...
+1

Nolan for a Star Wars film is a bad idea. Besides, I want more original stuff from the man.
Do you... like pineapple?

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
MikaHaeli8 wrote:
+1
Gee...
Batman isn't fantasy. Batman isn't fantasy. Batman is just a further crime fiction thriller... Don't ALL OF YOU see?

Neither The Prestige, Inception, Insomnia or Memento are fantasy nor impossible . They're just science-fiction... something can possibly happen but i didn't or it's not yet.

I can't believe that many of Nolan fans can't yet know how his mind usually operates. Even the man said it himself in literal >> "(REALITY) is my inspiration." - Chris Nolan

Won't argue anymore.

Batman isn't crime fiction, it's an extremely malleable property that can be all sorts of things.

Nolan might be inspired by reality, but his Batfilms aren't "realistic" - the more key influence is Donner's verisimilitude approach which informs those films right down to the core. Those things couldn't happen in real life, they're not "real", but the world does set its own rules and then it obeys them.

Star Wars essentially does the same thing. It's another malleable property that can hit all sorts of tones and genres. It can be an epic, a western, a mystery, a Shakespearean drama, and so on and so forth.
Ah, böwakawa! Poussé, poussé...

Neizar wrote:Gee...
Batman isn't fantasy. Batman isn't fantasy. Batman is just a further crime fiction thriller... Don't ALL OF YOU see?

Neither The Prestige, Inception, Insomnia or Memento are fantasy nor impossible . They're just science-fiction... something can possibly happen but i didn't or it's not yet.

I can't believe that many of Nolan fans can't yet know how his mind usually operates. Even the man said it himself in literal >> "(REALITY) is my inspiration." - Chris Nolan

Won't argue anymore.
Brave New World

Neizar wrote:
Now Where Was I ? wrote:
+1
Gee...

Won't argue anymore.
You're adorable.

Yes, clearly because Nolan has made films based in reality, it is the only type of movie he can ever do forever.

Neizar wrote:
Now Where Was I ? wrote:
+1
Gee...

Won't argue anymore.