Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
SilverHeart wrote:Because you don't like the other suggestions, you hope Nolan doesn't direct it?

This is like saying you hope a great actor isn't cast in a movie because you don't like the other people who auditioned.
This is exactly my state of mind. You probably don't agree with this . I honestly think that Nolan is in different/better league than those.

i wouldn't mind Nolan doing Star Wars as long as he leaves his creative touch on the franchise. Otherwise, he shouldn't do it.

IMO, I would rather he not do it though. This isn't exactly his kind of film.

edit: I'd rather he not do such special effects heavy movies. It's not his style.

Are Lawrence Kasdan, Simon Kinberg Being Courted To Script ‘Star Wars’ Pics 8 and 9?

Here’s some tantalizing dish to chew on before the Thanksgiving turkey and trimmings. After hiring Michael Arndt to script the first installment of the relaunch of George Lucas’ Star Wars franchise, I’ve heard Disney has approached Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg and I believe it is to get the ball rolling on the subsequent installments mapped out by Lucas. Both of the scribes in question have franchise experience.

Kasdan scripted two of the original Star Wars films in the 1980 The Empire Strikes Back and the 1983 follow-up Return of the Jedi. He also scripted Raiders Of The Lost Ark for Lucas and Steven Spielberg. Kinberg’s franchise work: X-Men: First Class, Sherlock Holmes and the upcoming X-Men: Days Of Future Past which Bryan Singer will direct.

Disney’s $4 billion buy of George Lucas’ signature franchise certainly has stirred up passions from fans. I’m still feeling so led down by the last three films that I am not sure they can bring back the magic on the original trilogy, which was so groundbreaking for its time. But that time seems like a galaxy so far far away.

Back in the late 1970s, Star Wars set the bar for visual effects in science fiction. Doing that again is very difficult in the age of The Hobbit, The Dark Knight and Avatar. But Disney was certainly proven right when it spent the same money on Marvel, and already has made back much of that cash with The Avengers.

Disney plans to generate a film every other year starting in 2015. Getting great writers is the right way to relaunch Star Wars, and the studio got off to a good start hiring Star Wars fanatic Arndt to do the first installment. The studio has told me that they will not address speculation. Fair enough. But I’m going to go with my sources on this one and I would not be surprised if these guys sign on, or if they are already in the fold.
http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/star-wa ... pt-disney/

PLEASE GOD YES to Kasdan

DEAR GOD NO to Kinberg
Ah, böwakawa! Poussé, poussé...

Im down w/ Kasdan
Sigs???

ArmandFancypants wrote:PLEASE GOD YES to Kasdan

DEAR GOD NO to Kinberg
Yeah, pretty much this.

Morrie's_Wig wrote:Are Lawrence Kasdan, Simon Kinberg Being Courted To Script ‘Star Wars’ Pics 8 and 9?

Here’s some tantalizing dish to chew on before the Thanksgiving turkey and trimmings. After hiring Michael Arndt to script the first installment of the relaunch of George Lucas’ Star Wars franchise, I’ve heard Disney has approached Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg and I believe it is to get the ball rolling on the subsequent installments mapped out by Lucas. Both of the scribes in question have franchise experience.

Kasdan scripted two of the original Star Wars films in the 1980 The Empire Strikes Back and the 1983 follow-up Return of the Jedi. He also scripted Raiders Of The Lost Ark for Lucas and Steven Spielberg. Kinberg’s franchise work: X-Men: First Class, Sherlock Holmes and the upcoming X-Men: Days Of Future Past which Bryan Singer will direct.

Disney’s $4 billion buy of George Lucas’ signature franchise certainly has stirred up passions from fans. I’m still feeling so led down by the last three films that I am not sure they can bring back the magic on the original trilogy, which was so groundbreaking for its time. But that time seems like a galaxy so far far away.

Back in the late 1970s, Star Wars set the bar for visual effects in science fiction. Doing that again is very difficult in the age of The Hobbit, The Dark Knight and Avatar. But Disney was certainly proven right when it spent the same money on Marvel, and already has made back much of that cash with The Avengers.

Disney plans to generate a film every other year starting in 2015. Getting great writers is the right way to relaunch Star Wars, and the studio got off to a good start hiring Star Wars fanatic Arndt to do the first installment. The studio has told me that they will not address speculation. Fair enough. But I’m going to go with my sources on this one and I would not be surprised if these guys sign on, or if they are already in the fold.
http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/star-wa ... pt-disney/
WOW! That is fantastic news. Hope it is true.

Yes please.

paladinryan wrote:Hollywood Reporter has confirmed Kasdan and Kinberg's hiring.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... mon-393459

They will also produce. FYI, Kinberg is producing Blomkamp's Elysium and wrote for Matthew Vaughn. Hmm....
Good news indeed. It's a dream job.