Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
aaron wrote:
BatMan528491 wrote:
I hope that was a typo.
It's not. Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones are atrocious. TPM doesn't have a main character, even Liam Neeson isn't good, the boy actor was terrible, Anakin was terrible, Natalie Portman was terrible, Jar Jar was terrible, it was bland, uninspired, the writing was cheesy, etc. There is literally no possible way this can be as bad as long as they choose a good director.
Aaaaahm... I don't think you know what the word original means here.
Ah, böwakawa! Poussé, poussé...

aaron wrote:
BatMan528491 wrote:
I hope that was a typo.
It's not. Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones are atrocious. TPM doesn't have a main character, even Liam Neeson isn't good, the boy actor was terrible, Anakin was terrible, Natalie Portman was terrible, Jar Jar was terrible, it was bland, uninspired, the writing was cheesy, etc. There is literally no possible way this can be as bad as long as they choose a good director.
That's not the Original Trilogy.......................

LOL. Sorry people, I got mixed up. For some reason the word "prequel" got mixed up with "original." My bad...

But seriously. Yeah it's gonna have a tough time trying to live up to the originals, but it should definitely be better than the prequels. :P

BlairCo wrote:Star Wars: Episode VII - RD2D vs. Wall-E
I literally just highlighted that and copied so I could paste it as new title

but alas

aaron wrote:LOL. Sorry people, I got mixed up. For some reason the word "prequel" got mixed up with "original." My bad...

But seriously. Yeah it's gonna have a tough time trying to live up to the originals, but it should definitely be better than the prequels. :P
Now that's more like it, Mr. Wayne.

Went through the last few pages and didn't see anything about this so apologizes if it has already been brought up but...what if they asked Nolan to do this new trilogy...and he accepted? Not that I don't think he'd do a good job, but I would be very disappointed. I'd rather him do his own thing than someone else's property, and not just any property, arguably the most well-known and popular movie property ever. Not that this is going to happen, but wouldn't Disney be dumb not to approach Nolan?

I dunno, but if I was a filmmaker and someone said to me "Hey, can you do either a Star Wars or James Bond movie" I'd just do it no matter what.

ArmandFancypants wrote:I dunno, but if I was a filmmaker and someone said to me "Hey, can you do either a Star Wars or James Bond movie" I'd just do it no matter what.
and that's exactly what I'm afraid of. And I'm probably in a minority here, but I don't want Nolan to just confine himself to big blockbuster films or franchise movies. I want him to do his own thing, and if he's going to have a sizeable budget (which he will now that he's had such box office success), at least make it an artsy type film like Memento, or Prestige.

Skyab23 wrote:Went through the last few pages and didn't see anything about this so apologizes if it has already been brought up but...what if they asked Nolan to do this new trilogy...and he accepted? Not that I don't think he'd do a good job, but I would be very disappointed. I'd rather him do his own thing than someone else's property, and not just any property, arguably the most well-known and popular movie property ever. Not that this is going to happen, but wouldn't Disney be dumb not to approach Nolan?

I think it'd be dumb to approach Nolan at all. I think space-epics are definitely something he wouldn't want to tackle. Sure, you could argue "You could say the same thing for Batman back then", but this is a whole different beast we're talking about. So I highly doubt Nolan will have any sort of mention regarding Episode 7 in the future; it just won't be his thing.

You have to consider that the Star Wars style is totally different from Nolan's style and Nolan would have to adapt to this style.