Recommend-Me-A-TV Series-Topic

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Peace wrote:Luther worth getting into?
Yeah. It's one of my favorite British shows, even if it can often dip into the cliche. Elba's just too cool for school.
Who are you a bigger fanboy of Elba or Cumberbatch?

Allstar wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:
Yeah. It's one of my favorite British shows, even if it can often dip into the cliche. Elba's just too cool for school.
Who are you a bigger fanboy of Elba or Cumberbatch?
Probably Cumby because judging from interviews I probably wouldn't be able to put up with Elba's personality for very long in real life. Same goes for Tom Hardy, oddly enough.

Why is that for Hardy and Elba?

Has anyone seen Top of the Lake....someone recommended it to me, and it looks intriguing.

Crazy Eight wrote:
Elba is really growing on me. At one point in time I did not like him. WTF right? I'll check the shit out this weekend.

Everyone here should watch It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, probably the best comedy series along with Arrested Development (Parks & Rec being very close imo). Arrow is fucking great as well. Sons Of Anarchy is on fire too.

@oracle: +100000 FNL is one of the best TV series ever made, movie is pretty damn good too.

Jax_Teller wrote:Arrow is fucking great as well.
I tried Arrow for the first four episodes and then I quit because I thought it was good only at times and generally a waste of my time. Does it get better though?

Guys if you haven't seen BBC's Sherlock (though I think most of us have), do yourself a favor and go watch that right now.

I'd say it gets better & better, I wasn't sold by the pilot at first. They're just knocking it out of the park, especially in the second season, plus you're missing all the goodness of the DC universe with plenty of cameos, references, and a straight-up badass character played by Manu Bennett (Azog in The Hobbit AUJ). They're also introducing
Barry Allen
in the next two episodes leading up to the
Flash
series.

Luther is great.

11072014 wrote:
Jax_Teller wrote:Arrow is fucking great as well.
I tried Arrow for the first four episodes and then I quit because I thought it was good only at times and generally a waste of my time. Does it get better though?

Guys if you haven't seen BBC's Sherlock (though I think most of us have), do yourself a favor and go watch that right now.
Arrow does get better especially Season 2, it's been amazing so far.