87th Academy Awards: 2015

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
4N Legend wrote:Unbroken over Interstellar in cinematography? What.
What are you talking about, it's Roger fucking Deakins. Ida took Interstellar's spot.

Allstar wrote:
Skyab23 wrote:Every year I am somewhat disappointed with the nominations. I feel if Chazelle had been nominated for Director and Gyllenhaal and Oyelowo nominated for BA then it would have made up for a lot of this. But Gyllenhaal's performance is Travis Bickle-esque and a real transformation. Same with Oyelowo. He plays MLK for fucks-sake, and he nails it (even if I don't love the film).
Best actor is always tough. I feel every year derserving performances are missing out. Look at Hanks or Isaac last year.
True

Lego Movie snub is soooo weird

Panapaok wrote:
What are you talking about, it's Roger fucking Deakins. Ida took Interstellar's spot.
I actually didn't know that was Deakins. I never paid much attention to the film outside of trailers and tv spots so I never thought twice of cinematography from those

Say what you will, but Deakins deserves a nom. *go on throw a tomato at me*

Skyab23 wrote:Every year I am somewhat disappointed with the nominations. I feel if Chazelle had been nominated for Director and Gyllenhaal and Oyelowo nominated for BA then it would have made up for a lot of this. But Gyllenhaal's performance is Travis Bickle-esque and a real transformation. Same with Oyelowo. He plays MLK for fucks-sake, and he nails it (even if I don't love the film).
I haven't seen David.
Jake gives a great performance, but I never thought he would receive recognition from the Academy. He received more than I expected GG, SAG, BAFTA ...
I'm happy for Budaspeste Grande Hotel. It's my favorite of the nominees.

So... if Woodley had wound up in the final cut of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 would she have wound up with an Oscar nod too?

Robert Duvall surpassed Hal Holbrook as the oldest male acting nominee in Oscar history. Fucking Legend. :clap:

OPRAH receiving a best picture nomination over Nolan and Emma Thomas is a slap in the face .

Freaking The LEGO Movie got snubbed...? But Big Hero 6 got a nom...? :blank:

Poor Fiennes. He was the champion of champions in GBH.