Life changing movies ?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I’m working on a research about movies that inspire people and how people change their perspective of things due to movies. Especially the dark knight trilogy, does Bruce’s journey inspires any of you guys, shapes the person you have become? It doesn’t have to be the dark knight trilogy, please share any stories about movies changing your life. I will really appreciate it. Thanks

The Dark Knight Rises can be pretty life-changing, in how its inspiring through Bruce overcoming his pain and grief, as well as the whole "Anyone Can Be A Hero" thing. As well as through Batman Begins, "Why do we fall Bruce? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Just the idea of an ordinary person becoming as larger-than-life and heroic as Batman is striking.

Apart from those films, there's one that has had a great impact on me and I'll explain why.

I was going through an incredibly rough time in my life, a horrible school where I was bullied and harassed constantly with nothing being done about it. I was contemplating suicide, I remember some evenings I would go up onto the roof of my house and look to see which direction would be the least painful/most fatal to jump towards. However, upon recommendation of someone who actually didn't know what I was going through, I watched a film. The Shawshank Redemption. It was so inspiring and it gave me so much hope, that I could do something to get out of the Hellhole I was in, I could live. And that's what I did, I left that school with haste, got into a great one where I was welcome and could actually learn and I didn't even consider going through with suicide since then. It might not be my favourite film but it's the one I love the most.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

The Social Network made me want to start screenwriting.

Blade Runner was the film that make me love films and acting. First time I saw it was back in 1990, I was 5 at that time. Once I watched......my life was never the same!

The Last Samurai had a tremendous affect on me. Hans Zimmer's flawless score along with Ken Watanabe's portrayal of a samurai warrior. Plus, my favorite performance by Tom Cruise bar none! This movie demands your attention.

I've always been interested in film making, but The Dark Knighttriggered my interest in great films.

jcvargas09 wrote:The Last Samurai had a tremendous affect on me. Hans Zimmer's flawless score along with Ken Watanabe's portrayal of a samurai warrior. Plus, my favorite performance by Tom Cruise bar none! This movie demands your attention.
Agreed. Im not a huge Cruise fan at all. I would list this movie too as one of my faves.. even though Im not a fan of TC..I liked him in this and Wantanabe was awesome as well..the whole movie was beautifully done:-)

2001: A Spae Odyssey was the film that made me want to make films. It's Visual Effects, it's subtlety, it's atmosphere, everything about it made me so much more interested in Films.

Good Will Hunting. A very inspiring movie that made me realize to live the life you want and don't let anyone impeach on your dreams. And love your life and stay true to your friends.
Why you lurking my page brah?

Dodd wrote:Good Will Hunting. A very inspiring movie that made me realize to live the life you want and don't let anyone impeach on your dreams. And love your life and stay true to your friends.
Yeah, it is a very compelling film. It's an 'either you love it or you hate it' film. This scene gets me every-time: