George Lucas Admits He Didn't Plan Star Wars in Advance

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
theweatherman wrote:I have actually heard that Lucas did such a poor job with his direction and cuts on the first film that the editing team had to work overtime to try and save the movie.
Have you seen the movie?

Dude, Mel Gibson's PASSION OF THE CHRIST and APOCALYPTO are the works of genius. The fact is that LUCAS never dared to make another movie. He made STAR WARS and that's it. He is not a film maker. Yes, it's cool to pay respect cause he made STAR WARS, but Stars back then.

I think he stopped wasting his time to dedicate himself to film making and cinema. One movie and then that's it. I find it a little bit of turning his back to his audience. He could have at least make other movies as an appreciation to his fans and the audience. If I get to meet him dude, I will nicely tell him. I wish you make a new movie someday, Mr. Lucas.

CrazyEight wrote:
theweatherman wrote:I have actually heard that Lucas did such a poor job with his direction and cuts on the first film that the editing team had to work overtime to try and save the movie.
Have you seen the movie?

Yes I have and what I have heard is that the editors had to run the film all the way to the cut just to get the transitions right. The leeway time that is normally given for each scene was actually used in the film. If you need more evidence to this possibility just look at the fact that he did not direct the other two films despite the first being a huge success.

Rohan wrote:The Reason I said that AVATAR is better than STAR WARS cause there is at least a story behind AVATAR and plus all the 3D and visuals.
You're joking right? Star Wars' story has parallels from everything to archetypal mythology to Shakespearian literature.
Rohan wrote: People went crazy and there are still some people that goes crazy about STAR WARS.
Because they're great movies.
Rohan wrote:I think he stopped wasting his time to dedicate himself to film making and cinema. One movie and then that's it. I find it a little bit of turning his back to his audience. He could have at least make other movies as an appreciation to his fans and the audience. If I get to meet him dude, I will nicely tell him. I wish you make a new movie someday, Mr. Lucas.
That has nothing to do with Star Wars. And you've apparently never seen THX 1138 or American Graffiti.

I am not going to keep talking about STAR WARS there are far better movies than STAR WARS.

Rohan wrote:I am not going to keep talking about STAR WARS there are far better movies than STAR WARS.
There are always better movies...

Rohan wrote:I am not going to keep talking about STAR WARS there are far better movies than STAR WARS.
I see. Resort to your usual tactics of dropping out of an argument when you realize you can't argue it.

Rohan wrote: I think George Lucas is not a director. He came up with that idea of STAR WARS and made it.
How is that different from Nolan or any other filmmaker? Everything starts with an idea.

Anyway Eternalist has said everything that needs to be said.

I'm not a Star Wars fan by any means, but to deny Lucas' influence on cinema as a whole because of those films is terribly short-sighted.

Eternalist wrote:
I see. Resort to your usual tactics of dropping out of an argument when you realize you can't argue it.
I am not arguing because we are not here to argue. That's my opinion about STAR WARS and I stand by it. You have your opinion on the same subject and I have no problem with it. STAR WARS isn't my thing you know so I cannot keep posting about it. I will let others post about it who cherishes it.