No Time to Die (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
antovolk wrote:
July 15th, 2019, 10:26 am
poplar wrote:
July 15th, 2019, 10:12 am
Dobson wrote:
July 15th, 2019, 9:59 am

You're apparently unaware Lynch will play a new character and not Bond. Craig will still be Bond.
Well, but their plan is to pass 007 title to her, right?
She's 007 at the start of this film. And may even still remain 007 by the end. But as for Bond 26 starring her, unlikely.
Or you know
she ded by the end

Seems like they’re doing a John Blake type thing. Ironic anyone on Nolanfans criticizing that.

Ruth wrote:
July 15th, 2019, 7:49 am
like this is all hilarious and i don’t give a fuck about the next wave of “feminazi” (or worse) dms i’m about to get
don't call yourself feminazi if you're not in hugo boss clothing

antovolk wrote:
July 15th, 2019, 10:52 am
fyi, this is the role Lupita Nyong'o was eyed for but then passed on because of commitments to Chastain's 355.
Wrong choice.
Allstar wrote:
July 15th, 2019, 12:52 pm
Seems like they’re doing a John Blake type thing. Ironic anyone on Nolanfans criticizing that.
Would have been great if Nolan had made Robin a woman.
Nomis wrote:
July 15th, 2019, 12:25 pm
Or you know
she ded by the end
Or a traitor : would be great to see all the alt-right boycott the film because stupidity, whilst the director is called a sexist... (yes, I want to see the world burn)

Wait, why would she be 007 though if Craig's Bond still exists in this universe? In Spectre, Q refers to a 009 agent. If somebody resigns/retires as an agent, is their number replaced as well?

And if they wanted a beautiful, young, black British woman, why didn't they just use the person who is playing Eve Moneypenny (Naomie Harris)? She could get off the desk job and back into the field again. They can't pretend like Skyfall didn't happen, and Bond hasn't worked with somebody else before.

Anyway, off-topic but if you haven't seen Atomic Blonde before... well, I wouldn't recommend it, but there is a bonkers fight scene in that movie that makes me want to see more R-rated goodness from a spy film.

First of all this is just a rumor and might not even be true. Having that out of the way, if we consider that this might be true:
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
July 16th, 2019, 2:27 am
Wait, why would she be 007 though if Craig's Bond still exists in this universe?
Because Bond is retired and is no longer a 00 agent.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
If somebody resigns/retires as an agent, is their number replaced as well?
Yes. It's a pretty simple concept. What aren't you getting here?

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
And if they wanted a beautiful, young, black British woman, why didn't they just use the person who is playing Eve Moneypenny (Naomie Harris)?
Because she's not fit for the position? Because she doesn't want it? Just because you have one black actress in the cast, doesn't mean you cannot have a second one, playing a different character :P There's nothing in the previous movies that would thematically suggest Moneypenny being Bond's successor. Thus, you can easily introduce a new character, a'la the aforementioned John Blake.

Louder for those at the back: 007 is not a cap number

IDK a beautiful, strong, confident, imposing woman who can kill you with her bare hands is certainly my wish fulfillment fantasy.

idk why men like shapiro always want vanilla shit. his poor wife. always missionary.