No Time to Die (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
For me, I enjoy the Bond where he appears to have a heart. Whether it's Craig sucking on Vesper's blood-covered fingers, or Dalton taking Kara to a funfair. If fans fear that would be emasculating, they've obviously have never had to comfort somebody, who just witnessed you murdering a group of terrorists in cold blood, whilst sitting in the shower clothed. However, you can't have those moments without showing Bond being a prick first.

The characters around Bond always change, but he never does. There have been moments where character progression has been flirted with, but it has never been followed through. Bond needs to be shown as more of a flawed character, but one we still want to be. Show the consequences of his misogynistic persona.

Personally, I'd be more in love with a sequel to Atomic Blonde than seeing Bond regenerate into a woman. That movie laid down the groundwork that potentially could be explored through all the things that Vader mentioned above. I'd love to see a female Bond, but not under EoN or even have the character's last name be Bond. And I'm not saying that because I'm against about Bond being progressive; I'm less interested in the progression of Bond in a real world social context and more interested in the progression of Bond within the context of the narrative.

BlairCo wrote:
January 24th, 2018, 11:59 pm
If fans fear that would be emasculating, they've obviously have never had to comfort somebody, who just witnessed you murdering a group of terrorists in cold blood, whilst sitting in the shower clothed.
Well yeah, we've all been there man.

Cilogy wrote:
January 24th, 2018, 10:16 pm
It's akin to saying Batman is regressive because it manipulates mental illness and glorifies vigilantism and absolutism, so let's make him a non-violent Buddhist.

The alternative, which I think is cool, is making one of the other 00's a female character, killing off Bond, and continuing with her.

So you could still have the appeal of the universe and the spy aspects.
Well said. Or make him a woman just because.

What Tom King did recently, he downgraded him from Grant Morrison’s god persona, Scott Snyder’s as-expected but more detective, I-am-Gotham persona, to someone who is now more vulnerable than ever. He takes a hit more than ever, he talks way more, and he even proposed to Selina (she said ‘yes’ by the way).

New dynamics, unexplored territories, experimentation but not to a point of social stupidity. When Thor became a woman in comics recently it was one of the best comics out there, but a) the writer was excellent and b) actual old school Thor was still a character in that world. He had a lesson in humility because he couldn’t lift the hammer no more.

Point being, evolve the character, stretch his limits, play with all the toys... don’t make him a bloody Wonder Woman just because everybody loved Wonder Woman so it’s also economically responsible. Again, create a Bond girl who is just as good as Wonder Woman (but with actual, you know, nuance).

And we’ve seen it before Vesper even. Don’t tell me it’s impossible.

We pretty much knew that.

With those tweets and the recent tweet from the official James Bond account, I think the director announcement is coming in a few days.

Ryan Coogler would be an interesting pick.

Forum Pro
Law
Imagine Bond having to come to the US and the villain is Michael B Jordan