No Time to Die (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Man I was hoping that would get us a Daniel Pemberton Bond score :(

Feel like Nolan is staying away cuz he knows he won't have control.

I'm willing to bet that's why Boyle's involvement broke down.

I think Nolan would want to be the one starting a Bond reboot or a standalone. Sure he's remade Insomnia and made a movie based on a book with a lot of liberties (The Prestige), but he's never given me the sense he's the type to come into somebody else's established movie continuity. He'd want to maximize his control by starting on the ground floor, and that includes casting the lead.

Even for Star Wars Nolan said he was afraid to touch Star Wars Episode VII.
Christopher Nolan: I’m pretty excited to see what J.J. is going to do with that. I’m excited to see that he’s shooting on film and actually built the Millennium Falcon. As far as whether or not I would have ever done it, the truth is I think I’d be afraid to touch it! He’s boldly going where he went before in Star Trek, and it takes colossal balls. I’m a lot more comfortable trying to do my own thing than carrying the weight and expectation of the entire world—particularly 40-somethings like me who live and die with each new bit of information about Star Wars. But I’m very excited to see what he does.
https://www.slashfilm.com/christopher-n ... rs-fandom/

saw someone on twitter suggest David Mackenzie who was in talks earlier this year for Bond as well. After the buzz with Outlaw King wouldn't be too shocked.

bizarre move to say the least, somebody got spooked

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
August 21st, 2018, 5:17 pm
saw someone on twitter suggest David Mackenzie who was in talks earlier this year for Bond as well. After the buzz with Outlaw King wouldn't be too shocked.

bizarre move to say the least, somebody got spooked

-Vader
Yeah, I think it's between Mackenzie/Demange (the old shortlist) and just bringing back Campbell.

Variety noted that Boyle and EON were casting for the villain and Bond girl most recently so maybe this is where the split happened.

Bigger question is - do they fully ditch the Hodge script and all the pre prod work that went into that? Go back to the Purvis/Wade one? Or try stick with it and see if whoever directs tackles it? Otherwise we're talking about another delay and an increased chance of Craig walking because of that...

Nolan - the obvious 'new actor' thing aside, the bigger problem is that B25 is with Universal even if Craig walks and it is a clean slate with new actor. Warners would need to negotiate an Interstellar-type deal with them if he was to get involved.

I don't think the script is the sticking point as they'd signed off on this, Boyle had said if Hodge's script got the greenlight he was up for directing Bond 25.

I find it hard to believe that all of a sudden they are now not happy with it. I guessing this is more to do with execution of said script, casting or Boyle's creative control of the project.

I seriously hope they don't move back to P&W's script considering their involvement in the cluster fuck that was SPECTRE.

Demange or McKenzie is fine with me, I'm pretty sure Campbell has said numerous times he'd have no desire to direct another film with the same actor and I believe him and Craig clashed during the production of Royale.

I'm also hoping the stories of Dan falling out with Mendes while shooting SPECTRE are true because as much as love Skyfall, SPECTRE resides at no. 24 in my rankings and I wouldn't want Sammy anywhere near another Bond film.

Far worse things have happened to this franchise.

Play on.

Boyle is not somebody who's comfortable with big franchise movies anyway. But he was always my dream choice, so it sucks real hard that things didn't work out.

At the very least the chances of a shitty third act has decreased

ArmandFancypants wrote:
August 21st, 2018, 10:01 pm
At the very least the chances of a shitty third act has decreased
idk I was looking forward to Bond turning into a slasher movie villain for no fucking reason in the third act