Instead the role went to....

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Thought this would be an interesting to talk about for those that love movie trivia. I have no idea if there is a similar thread to this so if there is already, I apologize.. Mods feel free to delete this, move this, ..ect:-) It's always interesting when you watch a movie and you become intrigued and mesmerized by a character or a performance and then later find out who originally was supposed to play that character or role. Here are some that I came across....anybody else know of any others??:-)

Ryan Gosling was supposed to play the character of Forrest Bondurant in Lawless but instead it went to Tom Hardy

Robert DeNiro read for the role of Sonny and Michael in The Godfather, but instead it went to James Caan.

Will Smith turned down the role that made Keanu Reeves famous for The Matrix.

Tom Hanks turned down the role of Andy Dufresne in The Shawshank Redemption, it later went to Tim Robbins.

DiCaprio turned down the lead role for The Matrix and the role of Dirk Diggler in Boogie Nights

Jake Gyllenhaal was considered for Bruce Wayne in Begins... lol.

ComptonTerry wrote:Jake Gyllenhaal was considered for Bruce Wayne in Begins... lol.
& so was Cillian Murphy.
gib sigs

Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger were considered for the role of Christian in Moulin Rouge

Heath Ledger was considered for the lead role of Australia, but jumped off the boat to work in The Dark Knight! Smart guy! :P
Last edited by Monicabbm on September 6th, 2012, 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it. - Jack Twist

Will Smith as neo in 'The Matrix' :lol:
Brave New World

ryan4butler wrote:Will Smith as neo in 'The Matrix' :lol:
Perhaps this is the only instance where people can't think of anybody else in the place of Keanu Reeves. :lol:
gib sigs

Val Kilmer refused Morpheus in The Matrix.
Truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it. - Jack Twist

Guess who was planned to play Rorschach in Watchmen at one point instead of Jackie Earle Haley?

Simon Pegg.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

O.J Simpson for The Terminator instead Arnold.
Liam Neeson and Sean Connery turn down the role of for Morpheus in The Matrix.
Adam Sandler for Max and Russell Crowe for Vincent in Collateral.
Mel Gibson was considered for Maximus in Gladiator.
Jean Claude Van Damme were considered for the role of Michael Cheritto in Heat instead of Tom Sizemore.

Joseph Dazz wrote: Liam Neeson and Sean Connery turn down the role of for Morpheus in The Matrix.
:o :o :o
So he would've mentored Obi-Wan, Neo and Batman.
gib sigs