What was the last movie you watched? IV

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Cilogy wrote:Silver Linings Playbook - 9/10

However, JLaw is officially my pick for best actress. :clap:
In my top 5 films of the year so far. I absolutely loved every second of this film. The acting is fantastic, Cooper gives the performance of his career, while Jennifer Lawrence deserves the oscar for her role. And of course, DeNiro, great as always. The screenplay was just amazing, perfect combination of drama and comedy. I can't say much about this film, only that is one of the most relatable movies I've seen in a while and besides the obvious "made me laugh, made my cry" stuff, it also made me smile. I connected so much with the characters and I truly cared for them. Whenever something good was happening, I couldn't help but smile and be happy for them. This is one great film.
Love how everyone is adoring this film.

I'm not saying I want it to win, but I actually wouldn't mind at all if it won best picture. :modesty:

Alberto wrote:I'm not saying I want it to win, but I actually wouldn't mind at all if it won best picture. :modesty:
I want it to win. :shifty:

Allstar wrote:
Alberto wrote:I'm not saying I want it to win, but I actually wouldn't mind at all if it won best picture. :modesty:
Why you lurking my page brah?

Allstar wrote:
What happened to Django?
Brave New World

Allstar wrote:
That'd be great.

And another thing. I really like that they nominated Jacki Weaver, not because she was deserving or anything, but because the movie is now the first one in 31 years to be nominated for every acting category. And just because of that, I'm glad they nominated Weaver.

RyanRises wrote:
Allstar wrote: I want it to win. :shifty:
What happened to Django?
Meh Django does not have a realistic shot. SLP does.

I have a few friends connected with it similarly to you guys. I really loved the film and left it feeling euphoric and empowered, I mean, my review is a very flattering one. With that said, I'm kinda puzzling over why everyone loved the film so much compared to just so many other amazing movies this year. Maybe it needs another viewing from me.

-Vader

Cloud Atlas - 8/10

Argo - 8/10