What was the last movie you watched? IV

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
It's great that you liked it,guys. Probably gonna watch it tomorrow.

the_red_ninja wrote:Stoker

I was looking forward to this for a long time, and I was not disappointed. Most critics were negative about it being too artsy, but I just thought it was brilliant filmmaking. I liked how there was always something eerie going on, even when something new is revealed, there was still more to it. For me Wasikowska is the go to weird girl so she shines in this, closely followed by Goode and Kidman. I definitely want to add this to my collection yo.
I'm sort of in the middle - the symbolism and artiness could sometimes be highly effective but sometimes a little distracting and obvious - but I was lucky enough to catch it in the cinema, and moments when Park's visual style really took effect were amazing to behold (in particular, I liked the whole build up to the phone box moment).

Ruby Sparks

4/5

Surprised to see Matthew Libatique was DoP for this

The Beginners

4.5/5

Melanie Laurent: today's crush :D

JohnConstantine wrote:Surprised to see Matthew Libatique was DoP for this
He's a great DP, one of the most talented around imo. Loved his work since Requiem.

The Host

Would not recommend yo. 2 hours of internal screaming - pun intended.

Fuck, I had a blast with this, never expected to be funny tbh. Now I don't understand the hate to the movie.

8.5/10

theseeker9175 wrote:
Fuck, I had a blast with this, never expected to be funny tbh. Now I don't understand the hate to the movie.

8.5/10
I always liked that, maybe to the tune of an 8.5. Search around online and read about the developmental nightmare the movie went through.

Last Action Hero isn't very good. But I don't care. ;)

Just saw Django Unchained, good times

Celeste and Jesse Forever
7.8/10

Not the best dramedy out there but I really like its semi-grounded tone and Rashida really gets to shine in this one. I'd recommend it for people wanting to watch something to pass an afternoon.

theseeker9175 wrote:Image

8.5/10
Yes. This movie was severely misunderstood when it came out, and it serves as a satirical look on the action films of the 80s. It's interesting, unique, fast-paced, and has some really well done action sequences. The critics got this one flat-out wrong, imo.

Arnold: "I gotta catch the red-eye."