What was the last movie you watched? IV

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

While they do kind of bastardize the character by making him out to be this "action hero", the film is still incredibly entertaining. RDJ and Jude Law have some of the best chemistry onscreen out of any actors, and Jared Harris as Moriarty is perfect casting.

I still prefer the first, but it's still a solid sequel.

BlairCo wrote:
BroskiSabor wrote: Been desperately wanting to see this. Looks like you enjoyed it. Are you a Dylan fan?
I am very much a Dylan fan, but I'm not very similar with his life story too much. What I really enjoyed about this film is its unconventional story telling of Dylan's life by creating several different characters to portray each part of his life, which I have never seen before in a film. But it makes sense since these characters are also facing the same issues that he and his songs were facing. I think you're either gonna connect with the style, or you're just gonna hate it.
It's very original. I loved it.

In fairness, the action film stylization is also prevalent in the first one, just less noticeable because there's an actual mystery going on as well.

Lawrence of Arabia
9.8/10

What a masterpiece and truly one of the best examples of an epic movie. Amazing performances,incredible cinematography and simply so much heart put into it...wow, just wow. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

DreamPolice wrote:Lawrence of Arabia
9.8/10

What a masterpiece and truly one of the best examples of an epic movie. Amazing performances,incredible cinematography and simply so much heart put into it...wow, just wow. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
hell yeah. first viewing?

Side Effects

Basically:

Until the third act which was alright, I guess. Pretty lifeless film overall.

Sandy wrote:
DreamPolice wrote:Lawrence of Arabia
9.8/10

hell yeah. first viewing?
Yup.

You can just imagine how wide eyed I got at the runtime. :shock: :lol:

DreamPolice wrote: Yup.

Yeah. The crazy part is, there really aren't any wasted minutes.

Sandy wrote:
DreamPolice wrote: Yup.

I'm screening this to my friends this summer but I'm fearful they'll make me regret it. Should casual audiences embrace the film?

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
Sandy wrote:
I'm screening this to my friends this summer but I'm fearful they'll make me regret it. Should casual audiences embrace the film?

-Vader
They might be overwhelmed with it, but Lean's visuals are so dynamic and, frankly, ahead of their time, that I think more casual audiences have a good time with it, for the most part.

I mean, I loved it before I loved film. Saw it when I was 9, on TV, panned and scanned.
Ah, böwakawa! Poussé, poussé...