Fantastic Four (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I got both F4 movies at home. I've only seen both of them once (and that was many years ago). Not planning to go back to re-watch it.

BTW it wasn't my idea to buy those F4 movies on DVD.

I own both, too. My mom loves them.

I actually watched that old unreleased 94 film version. It's actually not that bad given the effects restraints of the time. Sort of like the Lou Ferrigno Hulk, if you go into it with that kind of frame of reference it's pretty enjoyable.

F4 is good. It's actually an interesting take on superheroes in films in my opinion for the time period it released.

F4: RotSS is not very good at all. It's got its moments.

Bacon wrote:F4 is good. It's actually an interesting take on superheroes in films in my opinion for the time period it released.

F4: RotSS is not very good at all. It's got its moments.
I'll give you that the first one definitely had the right idea with Ben Grimm's character.

Not so much the details, like how we see the shot of the building glowing with him turning the machine and getting his powers back, and then within the same scene making it all the way across town and up to Doom's building in the span of about 3 minutes (with no possible chance of more time having passed).

nolannolanchrischris wrote:Interview with Trank and Kinberg at Collider
http://collider.com/the-fantastic-four- ... osh-trank/
Trank seems like a guy who isn't too keen on twitter bragging or spilling the secrets too quick. He understands how much this means to his early born career, project this size, so he doesn't want to fuck it up. I don't see this failing in the production department at least. The guy is citing Scanners and The Fly as inspirations, I'd like to see more of that reaching out of the box in modern superhero movies.

Also, Philip Glass is scoring the movie with Marco Beltrami? Damn.

Looking forward to trailer footage, finally, so we can actually talk about something substantial.

Bacon wrote:F4 is good. It's actually an interesting take on superheroes in films in my opinion for the time period it released.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
It released the same year as Batman Begins, so yeah.

nolannolanchrischris wrote:Interview with Trank and Kinberg at Collider
http://collider.com/the-fantastic-four- ... osh-trank/
Good,positive interview.
And any new Director that references Cronenberg's work while applying that possible tone and visualization to the comic book movie genre is win-win in my book.Kudos for even going down that route to be fair even if it doesnt quite pull it off in the end,but hopefully that isn't the case.