another trailer to look forward to in iron man 2

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
It's not Cloverfield. It's not OREN PELI's Area 51. I think J.J. Abrams was thinking few steps ahead of director Oren Peli.

Read the Trailer discription yourself. It's all up to you to read it or not.

The trailer lasts about one minute and a half.

It begins with the Green MPAA screen, followed by the Paramount Pictures logo. No Bad Robot at the header.

A train rushes by the screen. We notice that it has lots of cargo. Text comes on the screen: “In 1979, The U.S. Air Force Closed A Section of AREA 51.”

We see the railroad crossing light blinking and ringing as the camera pans up we see some sort of light moving in the background. What is it? A UFO?

More Text: “All The Materials Were To Be Transported To A Secure Facility In Ohio.” No, it appears to be the headlights of a yellow 1970’s truck, which skids in a 180 degree motion, and suddenly pulls onto the tracks.

Point of view of the truck heading into the light. Black screen and white text: “From Producer Steve Spielberg”

We see the truck explode as it hits the train. Then… the cargo train is heading towards the car explosion - BAM. It is wrecked, thrown from the tracks like a wild snake.

The flaming metal body flipping towards the camera. Cars flying through the air. It is INTENSE.

Another black screen and the text: “And Director JJ Abrams”

The camera really slowly moves in on the wrecked pieces of the train, most of which is now just scrap metal. At least one car remains intact.

Black screen, white test: “Next Summer” We see some sparks. Black screen, white text: “It Arrives” We pull up on one of the train cars with a US Airforce logo.

The wheel on the door begins to spin out of control as we pull in closer. The wall of the door begins to bend like some huge force is punching it from the inside. Cut to one second of a close up of an 8mm camera lens.

Cut to black. White text: “Super 8″ The credits at the end were pretty bare.

Paramount Pictures Presents, An Amblin Entertainment/Bad Robot Production “Super 8″ PRoduced By Steve Spielberg JJ Abrams Bryan Burk Written and Directed by JJ Abrams

Source: Joblo.com

More news:

The budget is around $50M for the project, it is NOT a hand-held project, has nothing to do with CLOVERFIELD. Abrams shot the trailer independently of the actual film about a month ago and it was pieced together by his Bad Robot team. Abrams and his camp are pulling a big fat "no comment" about specific plot details, which isn't that much of a surprise.

Just watched the trailer for this. It looks very good. I read somewhere that this was supposed to be a sort of tribute to older Speilberg films. I definitely see the similarities between that trailer and something like Close Encounters. I enjoy Abrams and I like how he is able to market his films. This should be fun.

It's the Spielberg tribute project? Makes sense, Abrams has been trying to emulate Spilelberg for some time now. This doesn't interest me, his last similar project (Cloverfield) was all hype, the film itself was completely forgettable.

Rohan wrote:
bLaZe wrote:This WILL NOT be related to Cloverfield at all.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/20 ... olute.html

I'm still very excited. JJ is a genius at viral marketing, especially for movies like this.

Blaze, you are pasting the same link here again. I already did that. lol.
The link I posted is from the same site, but its a different article that clarifies if this is related to Cloverfield or not. You haven't posted it before.

JJ Abrams stated clearly that this movie is not related to Cloverfield at all.

Rohan wrote:JJ Abrams stated clearly that this movie is not related to Cloverfield at all.
Well, after all the buzz on the net kicked off. I just wanted to make it clear, sorry for double-posting. :)

Since there is a new topic for the 'Super 8' movie, can admins either merge or close this topic?
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.