Controversial opinions about movies

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

MyCocaine wrote:I certainly won't be lectured by an American. Especially not by Bacon, which biggest worries in life is whether he can go beyond the kissing stages.
seems to me like he's gettin more than you honey

Forum Pro
Law
mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
MyCocaine wrote:I certainly won't be lectured by an American. Especially not by Bacon, which biggest worries in life is whether he can go beyond the kissing stages.
seems to me like he's gettin more than you honey
True but was still funny

Please get back on topic.

At least for the next 2weeks.

Lone Ranger is a good movie.

Well, it's a fun movie, anyway.

So, um, yeah. I also don't love E.T.

Another one I never really got to love is Goonies. I'm just not that much into family-adventure movies. I just get bored.

One exception would be what some call a 'rip-off' of the classics - Super 8. I actually really enjoyed that one. Definitely more than E.T. or Goonies. Maybe it's because it had a better pace, maybe it's the horror element, maybe the kids aspiring to be filmmakers. Something just clicked while the two others haven't. And it's funny because I've seen the first two while being the target demographic and yet I didn't like. I've seen Super 8 well as an adult and it worked better. Still not a great film but very enjoyable, with some of the Spielberg magic but with less kiddy boredom.

E.T. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Goonies

The only one who succesfully 'replicated' old school Spielberg back in the days was Zemeckis, the rest are merely shadows, and that one on the side is Hooper, depending on who you believe; Columbus is the 90s, Abrams is now.

You can talk 'E.T. is shit' (pun intended) all you like, but at the end of the day his mega-blockbuster efforts are a work of art, starting from Jaws (1975).

I simply can't understand how anyone who pretends to like Spielberg dislikes E.T.

It's the most Spielbergian film ever

Maybe those people think he went overboard with being "Spielbergian".

Lilo & Stitch >> E.T.