HBO's The Sopranos

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I couldn't believe how believable it was, I always felt crying takes some skill to feel convincing on screen, you can't just sob, mess up the makeup or whatever and that's it.

Kid A” is just a phenomenal closing musical choice for this episode in a lot of ways, but not least because both Meadow and Chris have been “Kid A” for Tony at various points throughout the series. (
Edit: i also like how she says meadow blames her not him while actually knowing she blames her for choosing and staying with him which technically means she blames him and so it ends in this beautiful shot where they're 1 together and apart and 2 belittled by the framing, suggesting that it's not their kids that fail them but them failing their kids

Something that they wouldn't honestly and openly say ever

Of all the girls in New Yersey you had to fuck this one?!
Totally knew it was going to happen and felt so good. 8-)

I finished the whole series earlier this week. Brilliant show. Loved the ending.

I thought Season 4 and Part 1 of Season 6 were the weakest of the whole series, but i still enjoyed those seasons, and overall, every season was still leagues above anything else. Breaking Bad and Sopranos are definitely my two favorite shows of all time.

Im trying to get into the first season of The Wire, and ill get through it, but it's not clicking with me. I don't find it as interesting as people claim, i find it quite boring to be honest. And the characters aren't really doing much for me. Maybe it's because im coming off such an incredible series full of charismatic characters, sharp/funny dialogue. I feel like The Wire is too dull for my tastes.

There's certain things Sopranos did better than Breaking Bad, and i absolutely understand if people say it's the greatest series of all time. I LOVED this show and can't believe i waited this long. But i have to say Breaking Bad is a bit better for my taste only because i felt it was more consistent. BrBa got better and better with each season and never let up (5 seasons: technically 6). While Sopranos was entertaining with each season and also dove deep, season 4 got slow and i felt like i was just hanging out with the characters (not a bad thing at all) until the last few episodes. Then Season 5 got back on track by introducing Steve Buscemi & Frank Vincent. Season 6, Part 1 was also slow and not too exciting other than the first couple of episodes where something very big happens. It honestly felt like a set-up and a set-up only for Part 2. That second part of the final season was pretty much Season 7. It was concise, at just 9 episodes, and really went out with a bang despite its controversial ending. A pretty popular ending nowadays that i knew ahead of time. Even though i knew it was coming, i didnt know how the scene would play out entirely. My first reaction was "wtf?". Then i thought about it, watched it again, and thought it was perfect.

shauner111 wrote:Im trying to get into the first season of The Wire, and ill get through it, but it's not clicking with me. I don't find it as interesting as people claim, i find it quite boring to be honest. And the characters aren't really doing much for me. Maybe it's because im coming off such an incredible series full of charismatic characters, sharp/funny dialogue. I feel like The Wire is too dull for my tastes.
If you're early in the game please keep up, it will be worth your time I promise. The Wire takes time to get into the groove but every piece of the machinery matters. I think season 1 is the only one that took some time, I'd say around 2-3 episodes, that's not too bad for a five seasons of badassery.

Ill give it a chance but if im half way through season 2 and im not feeling it, ill stop. I think im halfway through season 1, not sure, and im not feeling it.

shauner111 wrote:
Im trying to get into the first season of The Wire, and ill get through it, but it's not clicking with me. I don't find it as interesting as people claim, i find it quite boring to be honest. And the characters aren't really doing much for me. Maybe it's because im coming off such an incredible series full of charismatic characters, sharp/funny dialogue. I feel like The Wire is too dull for my tastes.
:lol: I can't count how many times i have someone say this about the first few episodes of the Wire. Just be patient and keep watching.

shauner111 wrote:Ill give it a chance but if im half way through season 2 and im not feeling it, ill stop. I think im halfway through season 1, not sure, and im not feeling it.
You really need to keep watching and also what is it that you aren't feeling. If you are expecting some buddy cop action show than you probably need to stop watching

shauner111 wrote:I finished the whole series earlier this week. Brilliant show. Loved the ending.

I thought Season 4 and Part 1 of Season 6 were the weakest of the whole series, but i still enjoyed those seasons, and overall, every season was still leagues above anything else. Breaking Bad and Sopranos are definitely my two favorite shows of all time.

There's certain things Sopranos did better than Breaking Bad, and i absolutely understand if people say it's the greatest series of all time. I LOVED this show and can't believe i waited this long. But i have to say Breaking Bad is a bit better for my taste only because i felt it was more consistent. BrBa got better and better with each season and never let up (5 seasons: technically 6). While Sopranos was entertaining with each season and also dove deep, season 4 got slow and i felt like i was just hanging out with the characters (not a bad thing at all) until the last few episodes. Then Season 5 got back on track by introducing Steve Buscemi & Frank Vincent. Season 6, Part 1 was also slow and not too exciting other than the first couple of episodes where something very big happens. It honestly felt like a set-up and a set-up only for Part 2. That second part of the final season was pretty much Season 7. It was concise, at just 9 episodes, and really went out with a bang despite its controversial ending. A pretty popular ending nowadays that i knew ahead of time. Even though i knew it was coming, i didnt know how the scene would play out entirely. My first reaction was "wtf?". Then i thought about it, watched it again, and thought it was perfect.
you might wanna read through this blog analyzing the ending

http://masterofsopranos.wordpress.com/t ... f-the-end/ this is page one basically (it doesn't open if you click on 'page 1') after which continue with page 2, link's on the side

anyway bout THe Wire, I heard HBO announced bluray remasters so I'm waiting for those eagerly

prince0gotham wrote:anyway bout THe Wire, I heard HBO announced bluray remasters so I'm waiting for those eagerly
Will wait for those then (my third viewing lol) and jump right into LOST (second viewing) after Sopranos.