Joss Whedon's Comments on TDK

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
dafox wrote:I've wasted enough time arguing this with three different people (Allstar, Joeyjoe, and SilverHeart). I vow to not post on the matter anymore for my own sake. Read carefully
Does it matter? Your point overpowered theirs. I have been on your side since your statement and you shouldn't continue to argue because you won before this even started. :twothumbsup:

Whedon's ignorance and lack of basic understanding on this front is of no surprise.

How anyone can watch TDK and not grasp that this is Bruce's/Batman's story is a bit beyond me. Actually, I envy those who haven't been able to see that yet, since they're yet to actually appreciate what is a truly brilliant piece of work.
Ah, böwakawa! Poussé, poussé...

I should have post this here in the first place but I accidentally posted it in the Avengers thread while its way more relevant here.
I found an interesting parallel

Robert Downey Jr On "The Dark Knight": "Fuck DC Comics"

"My whole thing is that that I saw 'The Dark Knight'. I feel like I'm dumb because I feel like I don't get how many things that are so smart. It's like a Ferrari engine of storytelling and script writing and I'm like, 'That's not my idea of what I want to see in a movie.' I loved 'The Prestige' but didn't understand 'The Dark Knight'. Didn't get it, still can't tell you what happened in the movie, what happened to the character and in the end they need him to be a bad guy. I'm like, 'I get it. This is so high brow and so f--king smart, I clearly need a college education to understand this movie.' You know what? F-ck DC comics. That's all I have to say and that's where I'm really coming from."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/1 ... 19414.html
"When art imitates life"

That's elaborate, self-effacing trolling, and not really worth biting (would have thought that Downey could have been more mature, but his egocentricity and his tendency to be an insufferable smart alec shines through), but if you can't even process TDK on a base level you're pretty much just a garden variety moron.

dafox wrote: My whole argument has been that Batman's character/actions in TDK are more compelling than Dent's and Gordon's and equal if not greater than the Joker's
Lmao... we were arguing two different things this whole time. I agree with that statement, ultimately by the films end Batman does become most compelling.

dafox wrote:I should have post this here in the first place but I accidentally posted it in the Avengers thread while its way more relevant here.

"My whole thing is that that I saw 'The Dark Knight'. I feel like I'm dumb because I feel like I don't get how many things that are so smart. It's like a Ferrari engine of storytelling and script writing and I'm like, 'That's not my idea of what I want to see in a movie.' I loved 'The Prestige' but didn't understand 'The Dark Knight'. Didn't get it, still can't tell you what happened in the movie, what happened to the character and in the end they need him to be a bad guy. I'm like, 'I get it. This is so high brow and so f--king smart, I clearly need a college education to understand this movie.' You know what? F-ck DC comics. That's all I have to say and that's where I'm really coming from."

:lol: He's a legend.

Threshold wrote:
dafox wrote:I should have post this here in the first place but I accidentally posted it in the Avengers thread while its way more relevant here.
:lol: He's a legend.
It is funny.

Haha robert downey jrs comment.." not what he wanted to see" ..." intelligent high brow"..."couldn't tell what happened in the movie"...he should definately stick to movies where the clear defined bad guys are the palestinians, and the main guy cracks some " high brow" jokes every second!! Just watch batman forever, in that one , alfred and batman are joking about hamburgers shortly after the opening credits!

He isn't worthy to comment on good films.

I remember that stupid comment back from 2008 when the movie was release...
And I still believe that RDJ is a :problem: