Jim Emerson - The Dark Knight Editing

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
tykjen wrote:I am totally sure he will really care about that fact Mason. Opinions will never stay respected or tolerated at NF alright...
I was joking.

Yea me too!

I respect you.

But I was joking.

But I respect you.

Likewise. I want to add that TDK had too much jumpy editing at times..if anyone knows what I mean. The interrogation scene however, is one of the greatest conversations on film I have ever seen. It was better than Walken vs Hopper in True Romance, and Pacino vs DeNiro in HEAT..combined! That scene is forever with me, of all the scenes in TDK.

tykjen wrote:Likewise. I want to add that TDK had too much jumpy editing at times..if anyone knows what I mean. The interrogation scene however, is one of the greatest conversations on film I have ever seen.
Yeah, the interrogation was great. Great build-up, Ledger looked like he was having the crap kicked out him. His performance
really made that scene for me.
Do you... like pineapple?

jibran wrote:Yeah, the interrogation was great. Great build-up, Ledger looked like he was having the crap kicked out him. His performance really made that scene for me.
Hell yea. And someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but Heath asked to get hit for real in that scene right?
And they removed the blood in post-production for the PG-13 rating.

Promotional photographs also showed evidence of a more violent cut. When the body of the fake Batman is found the Joker card is stuck to the body using a knife. In the film it was just a paper clip. Nolan also confirmed that during the interrogation scene, a small bit was cut where "...Christian dropped him and then, almost as an afterthought, he kicked him in the head as he walked out of the room." He said this was cut for artistic reasons rather than to tone down violence, making it unlikely to be added back in for any kind of extended cut.

Oh man..I would have loved for Nolan to edit his own special brutal edition of TDK..