Do you think Heath's performance is the best of all time?

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
mchekhov wrote:
I cant. GothamGirl step into my office so we can discuss means of punishment...
LOL

Mason wrote:
You should have invited her into your office for coffee and cake, that way it's more convincing.
Coffee and cake?

Sign me up.

The best performance of all time might be a stretch but it is an utterly engrossing turn front the late Heath Ledger. It's totally true he completely immersed himself in the character, you feel you are watching the Joker and not Heath Ledger, it's utterly tragic that he was lost to us at such an early age as it seems from this and his stunning performance in Brokeback Mountain that he was a truly gifted artist.

Everytime I watch the film I'm still overcome at the power of his performance, DK is littered with exceptional performances and could be argued he gets the most showy but it is simply electrifying to witness. Alongside Spacey's Oscar winning performance in Usual Suspects and Christopher Waltz's Hans Landa in Inglourious Basterds, these 3 must rank as some of my favourite of the last 2 decades and also Ledger's Joker make Nicholson god awful hammy nonsense in Burton's Batman look utterly redundant.

Watched it again yesterday. I don't know if it's the best performance ever in general, but I do think it's the best ever in the comic book genre. It is definitely one of the most electrifying villain performances in any genre. Sad to think he's not going to ever be able to show us that talent again.

i was reviewing this performance the other day and was surprised i forgot how frightening Heath was.....

To me it looks like in physicalizing this character he took what was written about him on the page (he wore a smile on his face, yet constantly talked about sadistic terror) and flipped it....he carried the smile on the inside as in played the feeling of extreme joy, and contained in a physicality that was sadistic and terrifying....that's why when he talks, his voice sounds low and high as if he's about to break into laughter. He's containing it on the inside.

Definitely among THE best of all time but might not be the best