What flaws do you see in The Dark Knight?

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
Hmmmm, I dunno why do you think he's boring?

dent went insane because the joker made him believe that everything he stood for, everything he believed in, everything he loved, everything he had wasn't what he thought it was, and it had been those things, his own beliefs wich had taken everything away from him. i think it's perfect.

when you BELIEVE in something or in many things, you have a purpose to live. Harvey had a purpose, but it turned out for him that his purpose wasn't real, that he was wrong, and that it had been exactly... look. Honestly, I don't know how to make it clearer. His purpose destroyed itself

Grobyc wrote:Am I the only one who hated the two-face? I thought he was rather boring as a character.

"i believe sir, he's a man YOU don't fully understand either"

two-face was a very strong component of the movie. if you get to put yourself in his place you find him marvellous. the guy had been fighting corruption acording to a system that prooved to be broken. how would you feel if the person you love the most died as a result of your actions?

this is just a brief description of why it's SUCH a character, i wouldn't be able to make a complete analysis of Harvey Dent/Two-Face. Although i'd love to

Abbadon wrote:how would you feel if the person you love the most died as a result of your actions?
Well, um, pretty bad for me :shifty:

If you go back into the Batman mythos, back to when Two-Face was first created and presented, you'll understand why he's so incredibly important to the story arc in 'The Dark Knight.' Dent is the pure representation of the good in man -- the vulnerability of man, if you will -- which Bruce cannot possess as Batman, who lives beyond the scope of man's ability to do the right thing. Batman is a vigilante who operates above the procedures of the law, because he must, which is every bit his curse.

What Two-Face also represents is the absolute opposite of 'good.' He possesses man's 'dark half,' and his agony lies in the fact that he is constantly dueling with himself, thus creating a system where fate lies in the hands of which side wins.

For those of you who don't already know this, as it brings a far deeper meaning to the character, Two-Face was directly inspired by Robert Louis Stevenson's classic novella, 'The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde,' in which the good doctor (Dr. Jekyll) conceives a potion that enables his dark side (Mr. Hyde, which he's arguing every man possesses) to be set free, and over time, gain greater control over Jekyll. So, Two-Face became an incarnation of that logic, the idea of man's greatest duality always coming from within.
"Whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you ... stranger."

The flaw in batman wasnt Two Face. It was Aaron Eckhart...he just didnt bring out Two Faces qualities. Even though they were on the page. He made him more like your everyday neighbor.

Not a flaw maybe,but in the hong kong scene, camera moves to Bruce and then he kneels.It felt like he was waiting for the camera to come close.They could have shown him observing with monocular and then placing it in his belt(must have pleased comic fans :lol: ).
Also ferry scene is boring while watching third or fourth time.
gib sigs

Fight scenes could have been better, Batman voice.

just being picky....i don't see the monorail in TDK :silent: :silent: :P

Dan_87 wrote:just being picky....i don't see the monorail in TDK :silent: :silent: :P
I actually saw it, due to a debate with someone on another forum about the lack of the monorail, from an old post back in 2009:
Monorail is in there, only once. Aeriel shot of Wayne Tower, look closely, its in the background. Tried to find a screenshot, but no luck.