Joker Scar Stories: The Real Motive [Spoiler Free]

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
A little theory I realized while watching The Dark Knight on Blu ray. One of the biggest questions many fans have are the 2 different scar stories The Joker tells to Gambino and Rachel. Many have concluded that it's just an example of his insanity, and while this may be true-I believe the scar stories ultimately foreshadow Joker's NEXT targets.

Scary Story 1:
"Wanna know how I got these scars? My father, was a DRINKER...and a fiend. And one night, he goes off craaaazier than usual. MOMMY gets the kitchen to DEFEND herself. He doesnt like that. Not...one...bit. ''

Foreshadows:
As we find out soon...the Joker targets the 2 major players:
The Commissioner (the black dude)= DRINKER
The Judge= MOMMY or the DEFENDER

Fatalities ensure to these individuals.

Scary Story 2:
''So I had a wife, beautiful...like you...who tells me, I worry too much, who tells me I oughta smile more. Who gambles and gets in deep...with the sharks.''
From this point on-the victims are:
Rachel= BEAUTIFUL WIFE ( I know she was a girlfriend, but still)
Harvey Dent= GAMBLER He gambles choices in his life with luck.

Now maybe the 2nd scar story totally focuses on Harvey. Since he was known as GOTHAM'S WHITE KNIGHT= BEAUTIFUL

What are your thoughts on all this?

Disclaimer: As all theories are flawed, I'm not saying this is the exact reasoning, but a possible explanation that goes deeper than the Joker being just "insane''.

Post this in 'The Dark Knight' section. Not here.

You posted it on the wrong forum. :facepalm:

oracle86 wrote:You posted it on the wrong forum. :facepalm:
Fixed.

Jesusfreak wrote:A little theory I realized while watching The Dark Knight on Blu ray. One of the biggest questions many fans have are the 2 different scar stories The Joker tells to Gambino and Rachel. Many have concluded that it's just an example of his insanity, and while this may be true-I believe the scar stories ultimately foreshadow Joker's NEXT targets.

Scary Story 1:
"Wanna know how I got these scars? My father, was a DRINKER...and a fiend. And one night, he goes off craaaazier than usual. MOMMY gets the kitchen to DEFEND herself. He doesnt like that. Not...one...bit. ''

Foreshadows:

Scary Story 2:
''So I had a wife, beautiful...like you...who tells me, I worry too much, who tells me I oughta smile more. Who gambles and gets in deep...with the sharks.''

Now maybe the 2nd scar story totally focuses on Harvey. Since he was known as GOTHAM'S WHITE KNIGHT= BEAUTIFUL

Disclaimer: As all theories are flawed, I'm not saying this is the exact reasoning, but a possible explanation that goes deeper than the Joker being just "insane''.
That is actually quite interesting.

Jesusfreak wrote:A little theory I realized while watching The Dark Knight on Blu ray. One of the biggest questions many fans have are the 2 different scar stories The Joker tells to Gambino and Rachel. Many have concluded that it's just an example of his insanity, and while this may be true-I believe the scar stories ultimately foreshadow Joker's NEXT targets.

Scary Story 1:

Foreshadows:

Scary Story 2:

Very interesting. Good eye :thumbup:
"When art imitates life"

Scary Story 1:

Foreshadows:

Scary Story 2:

This isn't spoiler free, but if you are reading The Dark Knight forums ON A NOLANFANS forum you probably have seen it.
But don't advertise its so-called spoiler-free-ness.

Interesting theory though.

The Joker is telling the truth with his scars the left side is from his father , the right side done by himself, when talking to Rachel he points only to his crudely carved upwards right side. He does'nt lie about his scars. On a side note the Joker does'nt actually kill that many people through out the movie , he's either being framed or recruiting his army the hard way. Gambol did'nt die, if they continued the Jokers storyline in the third one alot of these people like the banker with a shotgun in the prologue would probably show up and be apart of his "army". If you slow down the movie alot of the Jokers so called "gunshots" are some kind of dart projectiles, presumably laced with the new toxin concocted by Joker and Scarecrow. Back to the scars , the Joker is reluctant to blow the ferries himself be procrastinates long enough for Batman to stop him from his escalating homicidal tendancy, which he does have. I mean he did blow up a cop car with a bazooka but he did the same with the batmobile, Batman survived that too. NO the Joker wants to cause chaos and anarchy, set the stage for others to "show there true colors", as far as carrying out killings by his own hands he does'nt really.

Scary Story 1:

Foreshadows:

Scary Story 2:

Very interesting, didn't notice that before. Of course, it could have been totally unintentional, especially since The Joker doesn't have a plan (or so he says, anyway). :thumbup:

MikaHaeli8 wrote:

Scary Story 1:

Foreshadows:

Scary Story 2:

Very interesting, didn't notice that before. Of course, it could have been totally unintentional, especially since The Joker doesn't have a plan (or so he says, anyway). :thumbup:
...the Joker does have a plan. Always.